WWE Lottery Booking!

The sky is the limit
Serujuunin

WWE Lottery Booking!

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 1st, '19, 18:14

Alright everyone, here it goes! The first iteration of WWE Lottery Booking.

The reason I called it a lottery is because I put WWE Superstars from RAW and Smackdown into a bag, and pulled out two names of superstars. The name of the game here is to book a story, a meaningful one, between these two superstars beginning at Summerslam, and (ideally) concluding at WrestleMania. However, if you feel like that is too much, or not enough time, don't stretch it out! The goal here is to come up with stories to make us care about superstars we otherwise may not care about so much, to stretch our creative muscles, and have some fun!

Red has chosen to start with the... *ahem*... admirable challenge of Curt Hawkins and Jinder Mahal, but has also chosen to do a pair of female superstars. I have drawn the names, and they are:

Not a bad pair to get started! And for the rest of us who want to take part, the names of the males I have drawn are:

... An inauspicious start to our Lottery Booking, but there you have it! Now, my intention was not to put a time limit on this activity, I feel like that would make it more stressful than fun, but I as we do this more and figure out how long it takes us, it will become a much more streamlined process.

Remember, the goal here is in character development and storytelling, imagining the pair in a vacuum from current WWE programming. The intention is not to get too bogged down with anything more technical, but to focus on how our pair develops over the course of the story and see how much we can get each other to (fictionally!) care about your story!

Edit: If the names that are drawn belong to primarily tag team competitors, you can choose to use the tag teams instead of using them as singles competitors.

XIV

Re: WWE Lottery Booking!

Post by XIV » Mar 1st, '19, 23:08

I thought that we were each going to get a pair of names and book in our own directions, but I’m happy with this also.

Though making Primo Colon relevant is the real struggle here. 😂
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 1st, '19, 23:27

XIV wrote: Mar 1st, '19, 23:08 I thought that we were each going to get a pair of names and book in our own directions, but I’m happy with this also.

Hey, I can do that too! You can get stuck with the first pair for being the first to comment, then I don't have to deal with it! :P Even though I had already begun to formulate something...

I don't remember if we decided that in the other thread, but if we didn't, that's my bad! I can draw a brand new pair of names for the next person.

Have fun with Primo! :P

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 2nd, '19, 01:25

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 1st, '19, 23:27
XIV wrote: Mar 1st, '19, 23:08 I thought that we were each going to get a pair of names and book in our own directions, but I’m happy with this also.

Hey, I can do that too! You can get stuck with the first pair for being the first to comment, then I don't have to deal with it! :P Even though I had already begun to formulate something...

I don't remember if we decided that in the other thread, but if we didn't, that's my bad! I can draw a brand new pair of names for the next person.

You evil person! One Jobber Feud coming up!
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 2nd, '19, 09:33

XIV wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 01:25

You’re allowed to use their tag teams too you know.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 2nd, '19, 09:37

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 09:33

Bringing in Bobby Roode will be my saviour for this.

I'll have to start jotting down some ideas.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 2nd, '19, 10:45

XIV wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 09:37

So I guess what I’ll do when I get home is draw names of participants at random and then draw names for them. That sounds like fun! Can’t wait to see what silliness we get.

Also, what’s wrong with Chad Gable? Man’s fabulous!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 2nd, '19, 14:14

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 10:45
XIV wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 09:37

So I guess what I’ll do when I get home is draw names of participants at random and then draw names for them. That sounds like fun! Can’t wait to see what silliness we get.

Also, what’s wrong with Chad Gable? Man’s fabulous!
I’ve got an idea on how to progress this and make it into a thing. So I’m hoping it’ll pay off!
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 2nd, '19, 16:14

Alright, so I've made name cards for the five of us participating, and I decided as I was drawing superstar names that as long as there are only the five of us participating, for any round of names I'm going to pull out the names that have already been drawn so there are no repeat names- it's more fun, and we don't get duds like Epico and Jinder over again (which I did).

So with that being said, with random names generated, here we go!

Remember, you can use tag team partners, managers and the like, as long as the focus is on the names drawn!

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 3rd, '19, 12:35

I would make this a DIY vs Ascension feud. Have the Ascension get a terrifyingly dominant win on the Summerslam preshow. They then come out to watch the women's championship match, leading all of us to speculate about what's going on. On Raw, we pull the trigger make The Ascension women beaters, interfering in women's matches and hitting the babyface women with their finisher now called "The Rise of Man". . Gargano thinks they should do something about it but Ciampa, being a major asshole demands that he stay out of it so they can quest for the tag team championships. Cut to Survivor Series, where DIY have made many valient attempts at the tag titles but have lost, and thus are featured in the tag team Survivor Series match. Meanwhile, in addition to their women beating escapades, the Ascension are the tag team champions, while Candice LeRae is the women's champion. At this point, the Ascension hit Candice with The Rise of Man, causing husband Johnny to go apeshit and try to take out the Ascension on his own but to no avail. Ciampa meanwhile, is on the sidelines of the feud, not really giving a crap about Johnny's personal life and just wanting the tag straps. Johnny puts together a few empassioned promos on Raw telling Ciampa that if he helps him deal with the Ascension they'll win the tag straps that way. Cut to Royal Rumble time. Johnny is faced with both Ascension members in the Royal Rumble match, when Ciampa interferes and breaks up a Rise of Man. Together, the two eliminate The Ascension and brawl to the back with them. Cut to Elimination Chamber time, where in a Tag Team Championship match, the Ascension injure Ciampa and the match must be stopped.. Johnny spends the Wrestlemania build up trying to find tag team partners, but in matches against the Ascension, they either injure the partner or in later weeks, people just refuse to team with Johnny, and the matches are called off.. Johnny eventually states that at Wrestlemania, on behalf of all the women everywhere, he'll take on the Ascension by himself in a handicapped match for the titles, but if he can't beat them, he'll retire. At Mania, we see the Ascension get the upperhand and pound on Johnny. Johnny dodges The Rise of Man and makes a comeback, locking Viktor in the Gargano escape. To cap off the feud, Johnny, Tommasso, and Candice come out and take turns hitting stomps to The Ascension's groins until they have to be taken away, crying, on stretchers.

(Sorry if I freeformed it a little bit, but I find it impossible to have characters have interactions every week on the TV shows)
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 13:24

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 12:35 I would make this a DIY vs Ascension feud. Have the Ascension get a terrifyingly dominant win on the Summerslam preshow. They then come out to watch the women's championship match, leading all of us to speculate about what's going on. On Raw, we pull the trigger make The Ascension women beaters, interfering in women's matches and hitting the babyface women with their finisher now called "The Rise of Man". . Gargano thinks they should do something about it but Ciampa, being a major asshole demands that he stay out of it so they can quest for the tag team championships. Cut to Survivor Series, where DIY have made many valient attempts at the tag titles but have lost, and thus are featured in the tag team Survivor Series match. Meanwhile, in addition to their women beating escapades, the Ascension are the tag team champions, while Candice LeRae is the women's champion. At this point, the Ascension hit Candice with The Rise of Man, causing husband Johnny to go apeshit and try to take out the Ascension on his own but to no avail. Ciampa meanwhile, is on the sidelines of the feud, not really giving a crap about Johnny's personal life and just wanting the tag straps. Johnny puts together a few empassioned promos on Raw telling Ciampa that if he helps him deal with the Ascension they'll win the tag straps that way. Cut to Royal Rumble time. Johnny is faced with both Ascension members in the Royal Rumble match, when Ciampa interferes and breaks up a Rise of Man. Together, the two eliminate The Ascension and brawl to the back with them. Cut to Elimination Chamber time, where in a Tag Team Championship match, the Ascension injure Ciampa and the match must be stopped.. Johnny spends the Wrestlemania build up trying to find tag team partners, but in matches against the Ascension, they either injure the partner or in later weeks, people just refuse to team with Johnny, and the matches are called off.. Johnny eventually states that at Wrestlemania, on behalf of all the women everywhere, he'll take on the Ascension by himself in a handicapped match for the titles, but if he can't beat them, he'll retire. At Mania, we see the Ascension get the upperhand and pound on Johnny. Johnny dodges The Rise of Man and makes a comeback, locking Viktor in the Gargano escape. To cap off the feud, Johnny, Tommasso, and Candice come out and take turns hitting stomps to The Ascension's groins until they have to be taken away, crying, on stretchers.

(Sorry if I freeformed it a little bit, but I find it impossible to have characters have interactions every week on the TV shows)
This is exactly what I was expecting people to do, tbh. I know I would have a hard time breaking down character interactions on a weekly basis so this is probably what I will end up doing, once I figure out what to do with EC3.....

And making it a tag team feud is exactly what I would have done! Having the Ascension being big, terrifying assholes a la NXT is something I think about a lot.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 3rd, '19, 17:34

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 13:24 And making it a tag team feud is exactly what I would have done! Having the Ascension being big, terrifying assholes a la NXT is something I think about a lot.
Same, but at the same time we have such better big man tag teams for a variety of roles (AOP, War Raiders, Heavy Machinery etc, and the Ascension just don't compare.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 17:42

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 17:34
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 13:24 And making it a tag team feud is exactly what I would have done! Having the Ascension being big, terrifying assholes a la NXT is something I think about a lot.
Same, but at the same time we have such better big man tag teams for a variety of roles (AOP, War Raiders, Heavy Machinery etc, and the Ascension just don't compare.
I can’t get behind AOP or Heavy Machinery to be honest. Out of all four teams I think the Ascension and War Raiders are the most believable scary monster teams, to me.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '19, 23:17

Story starts right after Summerslam. Balor defeated his opponent thanks to the powers of Demon Balor. Matt Hardy is Broken Matt Hardy, and he lost his feud at Summerslam, which let's just say that it was his chase for a championship.

Hell in a Cell - Matt Hardy fails to challenge for the tag team titles with his brother when he is pinned. On the same show, Balor once again won as Demon Balor in a grudge match from Summerslam.

October PPV - Matt Hardy doesn't wrestle, but is shown watching Balor's match, which he wins, with no Demon.

On the build up to SS, there is a random multiple-feud-into-one-match team going on, Hardy has no feud, but surprising everyone, babyface Hardy offers the heel team to join them, given that Balor is on the other team.

Survivor Series - Matt Hardy pins Finn Balor in their 5-on-5 match.

Matt Hardy cuts a promo
"On my quest to turn my loss from Summerslam around, i learned that the power within me has weakened. I lost at Summerslam and then became the weak link in the Hardyz. The 7 deities have taken me to many wins in the last years, but as we grow old, the deities grow older too. I cannot bring youth to us all, thus we must learn to gain power by other means, that is when I started to pay attention to one Finn Balor.

On Survivor Series, I decided to join a group of foes because I wanted to find myself face-to-face with Finn Balor, I wanted to to test myself against the power I saw on Summerslam, but much to my disappointment, I pinned you 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring. That's when I realized and understood, you and I, we're the same. We are vessels to higher deities, and just like every other vessel, we can be replaced.
."

On the very next show, Matt Hardy attacks Balor. Grabs a mic and says "I'm not talking to you Finn, I'm talking to the Demon inside you. Let me be your vessel."

Balor's responds "I don't know what Matt Hardy is on about with his cryptic messages, but the one language I understand is attacking me from behind, so if what Hardy wants is a fight, he has one."

TLC - Finn Balor defeats Matt Hardy in a normal fight, pretty much a babyface vs babyface match. After the match, Hardy looks more thoughtful than disappointed.

Hardy cuts a promo - "It seems like i've failed to communicate to the higher deities via Balor. He leaves me no option other than force myself in to a one-to-one meeting then. If Balor won't pass on my messages to the Demon, then I must make the Demon come out to talk itself'

Royal Rumble Hardy, not even in the Rumble match, eliminates Balor. Hardy shouts "Give me the Demon!" and they brawl outside to a small pull apart.

Balor cuts a promo - "Matt Hardy. I don't need the Demon to defeat you, never have, but if getting your arse kicked by the Demon is what you're looking for, you got it!"

Elimination Chamber - Demon Balor defeats Matt Hardy, completely kicks his ass, but Hardy attacks Balor after the match, they brawl to the back where Sr. Benjamin has a huge ass urn where Hardy traps Balor.

The very next RAW, Hardy advertises that he'll exorcise Balor of his Demon and sacrifice himself as the new vessel. Show ends with Hardy doing the whole ceremony from his compound where he extracts the Demon from Balor and takes it in, closing the show with a view of Hardy's back only, painted with the demon's look.

For the next few weeks, Hardy will wrestle on every show as Demon Hardy, completely overusing the power of the demon to get wins against everyone, earning himself a title shot for Fastlane against the champion. Balor hasn't been seen since the exorcism. Demon Hardy is on his way to win the title for sure.

Fastlane Demon Hardy is coming close to win the championship, but suddenly, the Real RockNRolla Finn Balor returns, distracts Hardy, but most importantly, Hardy starts to show that he is having problems controlling the Demon, he grabs on to his head in pain, and in the distraction, the champion rolls him up. Balor goes to attack Hardy, but Hardy runs away through the crowd, holding his face like the Phantom of the Opera.

Matt Hardy doesn't show up on RAW, but Finn Balor does and cuts a promo saying "You won't hide from me forever, you can't just steal the power of the Demon, it's a relationship that takes years to harvest, and I'm not going to let you get away with it. I'll go find you at your compound if I have to."

Hardy cuts a promo from within the shadows of his compound, only obscuring part of his face. He pretty much just says that the power of the Demon is his and that Balor stands no chance at getting it back, if he wants it, come and get it.

Wrestlemania Finn Balor defeats Demon Hardy when Hardy can't control the power and reverts back to normal Hardy. Balor gains back the power of the Demon, but at the end, we see that Hardy has been scarred with half of his hair gray and marks on his face (imagine half demon Sasuke from Naruto). I think this would likely be done Final Deletion style to not make it look like shit in the ring.

hardyvsBalor.jpg
hardyvsBalor.jpg (124.17 KiB) Viewed 19005 times

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 08:55

Haha that’s so outrageous I love it! And I definitely read your promos in the appropriate voices so I think that means your characterization was really good!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 4th, '19, 08:56

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 08:55 Haha that’s so outrageous I love it! And I definitely read your promos in the appropriate voices so I think that means your characterization was really good!
i started trying to write like the old Broken Matt Hardy from Impact, but it's been so long I couldn't make it wackier.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 09:09

cero2k wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 08:56
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 08:55 Haha that’s so outrageous I love it! And I definitely read your promos in the appropriate voices so I think that means your characterization was really good!
i started trying to write like the old Broken Matt Hardy from Impact, but it's been so long I couldn't make it wackier.
I get it, those unconventional characters are hard. I’m writing something for shits and giggles with Aleister Black and I find him really challenging to do properly... I never would have even tackled broken Matt lol

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 6th, '19, 20:27

I won't lie, I'm having a hard time with EC3... I don't know anything about his character to write him properly! I find myself having to do some research lol

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 6th, '19, 20:50

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 20:27 I won't lie, I'm having a hard time with EC3... I don't know anything about his character to write him properly! I find myself having to do some research lol
don't feel bad, neither does WWE. he's Dixie Carter's nephew, he's an entitled rich boy that gets everything he wants via nepotism, but he also can back all that cockiness up. these two promos kinda cover who he is

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 7th, '19, 08:38

cero2k wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 20:50
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 6th, '19, 20:27 I won't lie, I'm having a hard time with EC3... I don't know anything about his character to write him properly! I find myself having to do some research lol
don't feel bad, neither does WWE. he's Dixie Carter's nephew, he's an entitled rich boy that gets everything he wants via nepotism, but he also can back all that cockiness up. these two promos kinda cover who he is

Thank you so much for these! I kind of have an idea of who I want him to be but I I can’t for the life of me figure out how he talks. This will be perfect!