Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

The sky is the limit
NWK2000

Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 31st, '20, 19:51

My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '20, 20:45

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 31st, '20, 19:51 My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
I don't remember who, but there was an idea of a gimmick for an NXT guy of 'the guy that is being called up', but he/she just keeps having 'goodbye' speeches, but never gets called up. Someone on twitter also brought up the idea of someone who debuts with the gimmick of starting their 'retirement tour'

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 31st, '20, 22:14

cero2k wrote: Aug 31st, '20, 20:45
NWK2000 wrote: Aug 31st, '20, 19:51 My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
I don't remember who, but there was an idea of a gimmick for an NXT guy of 'the guy that is being called up', but he/she just keeps having 'goodbye' speeches, but never gets called up. Someone on twitter also brought up the idea of someone who debuts with the gimmick of starting their 'retirement tour'
That sounds like an inverse of how Bo Dallas left NXT. Maybe it was for him?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '20, 23:32

There were two guys in NXT who got released a few years ago; the "Ealy Brothers" or something like that. But every time they came out, they would get jumped from behind and the match would never happen.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 1st, '20, 08:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 31st, '20, 23:32 There were two guys in NXT who got released a few years ago; the "Ealy Brothers" or something like that. But every time they came out, they would get jumped from behind and the match would never happen.
I popped so hard when Samoa Joe destroyed the one. Like, what a way to subvert expectations.