Turning Imperium babyface would be really easy.

The sky is the limit
NWK2000

Turning Imperium babyface would be really easy.

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 28th, '20, 11:57

As I was discussing the Roman turn with BRM, it occurred to me that heel turns aren't hard to imagine with wrestlers who actively use vehicles to hurt heel wrestlers (Austin and Roman) or do other things that any sane person would describe as heelish. But I was thinking about the opposite. What if their heelish actions are so miniscule in the grand scheme that they could be seen as babyfaces in certain situations. I thought about Imperium for some reason, and it occurred to me "What if a heel did something so heelish, like broke an opponent's neck intentionally, that it disrespected the sacredness of the sport?" thus turning Imperium quasi-babyfaces if they took issue with it.
I then wondered what the extent of their heelish actions were, and it occurred to me that the worst they'd ever done is "be slightly persnickety/snootish) which can be justified rather easily.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Re: Turning Imperium babyface would be really easy.

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 28th, '20, 12:26

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 28th, '20, 11:57 As I was discussing the Roman turn with BRM, it occurred to me that heel turns aren't hard to imagine with wrestlers who actively use vehicles to hurt heel wrestlers (Austin and Roman) or do other things that any sane person would describe as heelish. But I was thinking about the opposite. What if their heelish actions are so miniscule in the grand scheme that they could be seen as babyfaces in certain situations. I thought about Imperium for some reason, and it occurred to me "What if a heel did something so heelish, like broke an opponent's neck intentionally, that it disrespected the sacredness of the sport?" thus turning Imperium quasi-babyfaces if they took issue with it.
I then wondered what the extent of their heelish actions were, and it occurred to me that the worst they'd ever done is "be slightly persnickety/snootish) which can be justified rather easily.
This can be a tricky road to go down. I think the key to it would be that you have to portray it as matter of a personal code for Imperium rather than some universal norm, because if you go the "universal norm" route, it becomes part of the fabric of your fictional universe.

I think the best example of this mistake being made was AJ Styles getting angry at Samoa Joe and calling him out for injuring Christopher Daniels in TNA in 2005 despite AJ and Daniels being bitter rivals because Joe had supposedly "broke the X-Division Code." This was a few weeks into the Spike run so I had just discovered TNA and assumed this was a thing. And then the next time someone in the X-Division seriously injured an opponent on purpose, I was sitting their wondering why no one was outraged that this heel "broke the X-Division Code."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3