NWK books the debut of Bray Wyatt: The Friend

The sky is the limit
NWK2000

NWK books the debut of Bray Wyatt: The Friend

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 26th, '21, 14:46

Imagine, if you will, a Dynamite in which a whole slew of the underneath members of the faction are just found bloody. I'm talking "RVD gets attacked with Janice" bloody. Eventually the mystery attacker works their way through the Dark Order. Finally, during a PPV match after a win , Evil Uno and John Silver receive a note from an overly peppy mailman (think Mr.McFeely from Mr. Rogers) written in blood
"Won't you be my friend?"

The notes continue for another month, with several red herrings pointing to Adam Page. Eventually, Adam Page comes back and a paranoid Evil Uno is so freaked out he's accusing Adam. Cut to a PPV, and during a Double Down , the lights go out.

"Ring around the rosey , a pocket full of posey
Ashes, ashes,
We all fall down."

The lights come up. In the ring is The Friend (Fiend adjacent mask, but dressed in a bloody version of his FFFH outfit) with The Claw on a bloody Adam Page. Eventually, Evil Uno comes to, realizing who's in the ring. The Friend notices spreading his arms wide, "Be my friend? Play with me?" He asks
Evil Uno fires up, but gets the Claw too, vomiting blood. Suddenly , the lights go out, then up again. The Friend is gone, both bloody workers in the ring
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Re: NWK books the debut of Bray Wyatt: The Friend

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '21, 18:46

I like the idea, especially the Adam Page red herring. It's a good use of a pre-existing part to make a storyline that wouldn't work as well otherwise.

While reading it, I was actually thinking that maybe you play into the "hug" more and have his finish be a bear-hug (you could probably still do some blood from the mouth effect).

The question, of course, is where the character goes afterwards, but at least in my current mindset, I'm not certain that it's a bad thing to bring someone in a three-month contract for one angle, do the angle, and have them disappear. Page vanquishes Wyatt eventually, and then he's gone. You've essentially put Page over by having him slay a monster, but you didn't really have to sacrifice anyone else to build the monster up because the monster would be gone.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: NWK books the debut of Bray Wyatt: The Friend

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 26th, '21, 18:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 26th, '21, 18:46 I like the idea, especially the Adam Page red herring. It's a good use of a pre-existing part to make a storyline that wouldn't work as well otherwise.

While reading it, I was actually thinking that maybe you play into the "hug" more and have his finish be a bear-hug (you could probably still do some blood from the mouth effect).

The question, of course, is where the character goes afterwards, but at least in my current mindset, I'm not certain that it's a bad thing to bring someone in a three-month contract for one angle, do the angle, and have them disappear. Page vanquishes Wyatt eventually, and then he's gone. You've essentially put Page over by having him slay a monster, but you didn't really have to sacrifice anyone else to build the monster up because the monster would be gone.
That would probably be his finisher as his Mr.Rogers-esque persona, (In which he would wrestle like NCAA rules Cactus Jack or Matt Classic.)
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.