Users select the Best of the Year
Forum rules
Enter your vote according to the topic.

Include Winner and 1 Runner Up
cero2k
Site Admin

TWRxJUST Pro Wrestling Future 50 (2021)

Post by cero2k » Aug 18th, '21, 09:24

The "Future 50" is a collaboration between Just Pro Wrestling News and The Wrestling Revolution, ranking the world's 50 best professional wrestlers age 25 and younger. The cutoff date for eligibility is August 31, 2021.

The ranking criteria includes technical ability and match quality, charisma, current status, drawing power and potential.

Big Red Machine

Re: TWRxJUST Pro Wrestling Future 50 (2021)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '21, 15:25

I've been watching Kidd for years. Hirsch and Frasier are both better than he his. Probably Garrison, too, but I haven't seen quite enough of him.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 18th, '21, 15:35

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 18th, '21, 15:25 I've been watching Kidd for years. Hirsch and Frasier are both better than he his. Probably Garrison, too, but I haven't seen quite enough of him.
Voting takes in account. wrestling ability, charisma, presence, already acquired accolades, and potential. After all the voting was counted, I think there is more potential for Kidd to be a bigger name given that NJPW is going to push their young lions, than Frasier who wrestles in the forest and no one is there to hear him. Ben Carter was a big-ish name, I had no idea who Nathan Frasier was when I saw the votes.

I personally voted a lot of tag team guys slightly lower because I have less reason to believe they're going to be someone big by themselves, like Kassidy I had low because I don't know how good he can be without Quen.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '21, 14:44

The "Future 50" is a collaboration between Just Pro Wrestling News and The Wrestling Revolution, ranking the world's 50 best professional wrestlers age 25 and younger. (*The cutoff date for eligibility is August 31, 2021)

The ranking criteria includes technical ability and match quality, charisma, current status, drawing power and potential.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '21, 20:52

Didn't realize Fletcher was so young.

Also, McKenzie under YUTA? Really? YUTA is a guy with potential. Suplex Millie is already great.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '21, 21:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '21, 20:52 Didn't realize Fletcher was so young.

Also, McKenzie under YUTA? Really? YUTA is a guy with potential. Suplex Millie is already great.
McKenzie also wrestles in the promotion that no one watches. Yuta has been all over some of the bigger promotions in the US all year

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '21, 08:30

cero2k wrote: Aug 19th, '21, 21:14
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '21, 20:52 Didn't realize Fletcher was so young.

McKenzie also wrestles in the promotion that no one watches. Yuta has been all over some of the bigger promotions in the US all year
This "promotion that no one watches" is the biggest in the UK or Ireland, and the second-biggest in all of Europe (or Africa, or Asia outside of Japan for that matter).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '21, 10:11

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 08:30
This "promotion that no one watches" is the biggest in the UK or Ireland, and the second-biggest in all of Europe (or Africa, or Asia outside of Japan for that matter).
yeah, by default because they killed the competition, at the end of the day, WWE barely pays attention to it, it's at the same level of a 205Live or a Superstars

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '21, 10:50

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 10:11
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 08:30
yeah, by default because they killed the competition, at the end of the day, WWE barely pays attention to it, it's at the same level of a 205Live or a Superstars
Well... killed or bought.

Other than RevPro. But I don't think it's fair to call them irrelevant.

I'd also be quite curious to know what kind of numbers NXT UK does in the UK and Europe. Other than PROGRESS and, at various times, wXw, European promotions really don't seem to break through in North America the way that Japanese promotions do, but that doesn't mean that no one is watching.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '21, 15:27

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 10:50

I'd also be quite curious to know what kind of numbers NXT UK does in the UK and Europe. Other than PROGRESS and, at various times, wXw, European promotions really don't seem to break through in North America the way that Japanese promotions do, but that doesn't mean that no one is watching.
It's as irrelevant as a 205Live or an MLW or an Ice Ribbon, take it like that, people know of them, but they make zero noise other than the one time in a trimester that WALTER has a match. I have no reason to believe any of their wrestlers have upwards mobility. It wasn't long ago that Tyler Bate, and A-Kid, and Ben Carter were these huuge promises to wrestling, where are they?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '21, 15:30

The "Future 50" is a collaboration between Just Pro Wrestling News and The Wrestling Revolution, ranking the world's 50 best professional wrestlers age 25 and younger. (*The cutoff date for eligibility is August 31, 2021)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '21, 16:42

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 15:27
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 10:50

It's as irrelevant as a 205Live or an MLW or an Ice Ribbon, take it like that, people know of them, but they make zero noise other than the one time in a trimester that WALTER has a match. I have no reason to believe any of their wrestlers have upwards mobility. It wasn't long ago that Tyler Bate, and A-Kid, and Ben Carter were these huuge promises to wrestling, where are they?
Carter just started. A-Kid is having awesome matches in NXT UK. He established a new title with a good reign, and now he's having a feud with Jordan Devlin designed to give him the rub. Bate... I never thought he was really that good. If the product it good, fans who claim they want good wrestling should be checking it out instead of wasting their time on Raw or pointless New Japan "Road to..." shows or watching eight hours a week of AEW squashes.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 21st, '21, 16:31

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 16:42
Carter just started. A-Kid is having awesome matches in NXT UK. He established a new title with a good reign, and now he's having a feud with Jordan Devlin designed to give him the rub. Bate... I never thought he was really that good. If the product it good, fans who claim they want good wrestling should be checking it out instead of wasting their time on Raw or pointless New Japan "Road to..." shows or watching eight hours a week of AEW squashes.
How are people going to know it's good if it makes zero noise, if no one talks about it, no one knows about it. In that case, why would people waste their time with the 'good' WWE product when they could be watching Dragon Gate which is easily the best promotion in the world that no one watches.

Carter indeed just started, but he "started" way before a lot of people that ranked higher in this list, if he had gone to literally any other promotion in the US, he'd be making waay more noise by now. Your opinion aside of Bate, he was getting 5 star matches not long ago, and now I have zero idea where he's at

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 21st, '21, 16:33

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 22nd, '21, 10:38

cero2k wrote: Aug 21st, '21, 16:31
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 16:42
How are people going to know it's good if it makes zero noise, if no one talks about it, no one knows about it. In that case, why would people waste their time with the 'good' WWE product when they could be watching Dragon Gate which is easily the best promotion in the world that no one watches.
I think there are noisemakers who could be making more noise about it instead of watching pointless sh*t like Dark or "Road to..." shows (*cough* Dave *cough*). Keller hires people to watch and talk about EVERYTHING.

As for Dragon Gate... I think NXT UK (and, really, most promotions) is more universal than Dragon Gate due to the style/selling. It's like a more mainstream version of Ultraviolent wrestling in that way. No matter how much the people who like it rave about it, there are some people (myself included) who would have to be pressed very hard to give even one match a shot because we know that in the end, we're going to hate the (lack of consistent) selling, which is key to the style that the people who love it love. DG has its supporters, but I'd expect NXT UK (or STARDOM or All Japan) to be getting more buzz than them because they're just more universal.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 22nd, '21, 17:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 22nd, '21, 10:38
I think there are noisemakers who could be making more noise about it instead of watching pointless sh*t like Dark or "Road to..." shows (*cough* Dave *cough*). Keller hires people to watch and talk about EVERYTHING.

As for Dragon Gate... I think NXT UK (and, really, most promotions) is more universal than Dragon Gate due to the style/selling. It's like a more mainstream version of Ultraviolent wrestling in that way. No matter how much the people who like it rave about it, there are some people (myself included) who would have to be pressed very hard to give even one match a shot because we know that in the end, we're going to hate the (lack of consistent) selling, which is key to the style that the people who love it love. DG has its supporters, but I'd expect NXT UK (or STARDOM or All Japan) to be getting more buzz than them because they're just more universal.
I don't know what noisemakers you're talking about, because Fightful and F4W both watch NXTUK as they do Dark or Road To shows (Dave rarely watches Road To shows actually) that are definitely not as pointless as watching WWE's UK indie. It's also not their job to promote WWE's promotions, if nothing happens and fans don't ask about it, then there is nothing to talk about. If it were up to them to promote good wrestling, they should stop talking about RAW, ROH, and Impact and focus on Dragon Gate, CyberFight, STARDOM and AAA instead.

Maybe what you call lack of consistent selling is more a criticism of how awfully unrealistic selling we've been indoctrinated by years of US rasslin'. NXTUK is more mainstream in the sense that it's the same WWE feel to it, but it's not mainstream with the fans.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 22nd, '21, 17:49

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 23rd, '21, 16:02

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '21, 12:31

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '21, 21:39