During TLC IV in 2002

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
XIV

During TLC IV in 2002

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 01:12

During the 4th ever TLC match during an episode of Monday Night Raw in 2002, Bubba Ray Dudley took a bulldog of the ladder from Chris Jericho and suffered a severe concussion. In the footage it can clearly be seen that Bubba lands on his face.

Bubba Ray later said in an interview that he didn’t remember anything that happened during the match and prided himself on being a performer who can perform on autopilot in a situation like that. BUT Y2J noticed what was happening and spent the following few minutes following Bubba Ray around the ring and giving him instructions on what he should be doing... I never realised this until I went back to watch the match recently and saw how Y2J kept positioning himself near Bubba.

The worst part of this whole thing was that Bubba was so concussed, when he went to the hospital later with Tommy Dreamer, he kept asking when his mother was coming to pick him up. Bubba’s mother had died a couple months before this. Tommy reminded him about her passing and then Bubba started grieving all over again as if it just happened...which, in his current state, it did. A few minutes later Bubba asked about his mom again and Dreamer just started lying to him at that point saying she was coming by later.

Source: Talk is Jericho episode with Bubba Ray
Last edited by XIV on Mar 8th, '19, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Re: During TLC IV in 2002

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '19, 01:19

Did not know any of this.

This was also a few weeks after Bubba had some freak nerve problem in his arm that cost him a title program with Hunter, too. A tough couple of months there for Bubba.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 01:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 01:19 Did not know any of this.

This was also a few weeks after Bubba had some freak nerve problem in his arm that cost him a title program with Hunter, too. A tough couple of months there for Bubba.
See I didn’t know your fact! So a two for one special in here today! I remember them ramping up Bubba and him colliding with Hunter a few times, but then it just stopped. And now I know why!
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '19, 07:12

i knew half of this

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 8th, '19, 11:15

Stuff like this is why concussions are so terrifying...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '19, 12:44

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 11:15 Stuff like this is why concussions are so terrifying...
because you end up like Bully Ray?

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 8th, '19, 13:48

I had heard this a while back, and when someone is hallucinating/not all there you NEVER introduce an upsetting reality. You just play along until they're healed up, or in the case of a Dimensia patient, until they fall asleep.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 8th, '19, 14:10

cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 12:44
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 11:15 Stuff like this is why concussions are so terrifying...
because you end up like Bully Ray?
Because of all the crazy things it can do to your brain... I’ve had three separate concussions and still deal with post-concussion syndrome every day, and it was MILD compared to what these guys end up dealing with... I can’t imagine getting knocked so hard my perception of reality was altered... that’s terrifying.