Did You Know Virgil...

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Bob-O

Did You Know Virgil...

Post by Bob-O » Jul 14th, '19, 07:53

Did you know Virgil was successful before WWE? As Soul Train Jones, he held the AWA's International Heavyweight Championship for over 100 days before being signed away by Vince, and was widely regarded as a "promising young star".

Given his shortcomings as a singles competitor, I'd always figured he was just a bodybuilder they'd hired out of a gym with no training...

Big Red Machine

Re: Did You Know Virgil...

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 14th, '19, 08:19

Bob-O wrote: Jul 14th, '19, 07:53 Did you know Virgil was successful before WWE? As Soul Train Jones, he held the AWA's International Heavyweight Championship for over 100 days before being signed away by Vince, and was widely regarded as a "promising young star".

Given his shortcomings as a singles competitor, I'd always figured he was just a bodybuilder they'd hired out of a gym with no training...

Did not know this.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 14th, '19, 08:28

Not to derail my own topic, but that video took me down a Sunday Morning rabbit hole that brought me to this:

Tommy Wright: Leaving his crack motel, buying a soda, and putting gas in his car. I don't think Jerry quite had a grasp on how this sort of thing was supposed to work...

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jul 16th, '19, 11:11

Bob-O wrote: Jul 14th, '19, 07:53 Did you know Virgil was successful before WWE? As Soul Train Jones, he held the AWA's International Heavyweight Championship for over 100 days before being signed away by Vince, and was widely regarded as a "promising young star".

I actually got a ton of Memphis TV and the first episode I clicked on had this music video. Some dark sided shit if you ask me.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.