Did You Know... Sandman and Dreamer

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Big Red Machine

Did You Know... Sandman and Dreamer

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 26th, '19, 19:44

Did you know that The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer's famous Loser Gets Ten Cane Shots match lasted a grand total of fifty-three seconds? And ended via DQ?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: Did You Know... Sandman and Dreamer

Post by Bob-O » Dec 26th, '19, 20:06

I've actually never heard of this at all. I guess I assumed they were always bff's lol...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 26th, '19, 20:24

Bob-O wrote: Dec 26th, '19, 20:06 I've actually never heard of this at all. I guess I assumed they were always bff's lol...
How have you never heard of this match? It's the one they talk about in all of the documentaries where Dreamer earns the fans' respect because they now see him as a tough guy instead of a pretty boy.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 27th, '19, 07:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 26th, '19, 20:24 How have you never heard of this match? It's the one they talk about in all of the documentaries where Dreamer earns the fans' respect because they now see him as a tough guy instead of a pretty boy.
I knew about Dreamer earning the respect of the fans, but for some reason I thought it was a match with Raven...

The Mandela Effect hits me hard with ECW. Like, apparently RVD was never World Champion, yet I remember him taking it from Taz before Taz left for WWE...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '19, 09:41

Bob-O wrote: Dec 27th, '19, 07:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 26th, '19, 20:24 How have you never heard of this match? It's the one they talk about in all of the documentaries where Dreamer earns the fans' respect because they now see him as a tough guy instead of a pretty boy.
I knew about Dreamer earning the respect of the fans, but for some reason I thought it was a match with Raven...

The Mandela Effect hits me hard with ECW. Like, apparently RVD was never World Champion, yet I remember him taking it from Taz before Taz left for WWE...
You're the first person I've heard mention either if these supposed Mandella Effect scenarios.

RVD beat Taz non-title and Taz's loss to Awesome is also pretty well known because of the high goodbye he got in the middle of the match and the fact that he lost in four minutes.
Your memory of RVD as World Champion around that time might be due to the fact that the world champion was hurt often so TV Champion RVD was the defacto top champion and treated as such (Gabe old blige had an awesome "thing I learned from Paul Heyman" post about this and how it lead to the creation of the ROH Pure Title.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 27th, '19, 20:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 27th, '19, 09:41 Your memory of RVD as World Champion around that time might be due to the fact that the world champion was hurt often so TV Champion RVD was the defacto top champion and treated as such (Gabe old blige had an awesome "thing I learned from Paul Heyman" post about this and how it lead to the creation of the ROH Pure Title.
Definitely not that. I absolutely loved his TV Title reign from start to finish, I can't find it anywhere, but my favorite RVD promo of all time was rationalizing with Shane Douglas that he'd gone undefeated longer than Shane, therefore his TV Title had surpassed the World Title... goosebump type promo for me.

No, just Mandella Effect stuff. I swear he held it toward the end... it's so crazy to me that he didn't.