2 Cents: Mauro Ranallo missing shows

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents: Mauro Ranallo missing shows

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 23rd, '17, 14:56

Now, normally I try to avoid ranting about backstage politics and the light, but this has me absolutely heated.

Okay, so we know that Mauro Ranallo is missing shows, keeping in contact with very few people, and staying off Twitter. Ranallo has been very open about being diagnosed with depression and how this effects his life. I hope Ranallo restores normalcy in his schedule and receives minimal heat for this.

What has me heated is Taz and JBL basically shooting on Mauro for what's happening. JBL basically took the piss out of Mauro for debating him on Bring it to the Table and then not showing back up. JBl is a grade school level bully, and any respect I'd gained for him is now gone. Similarly, Taz has shot on him as well saying he CANNOT miss shows. Stones, glass houses, I'm pretty sure Taz missed some shows for TNA, and when he was there he put in 25 percent effort whereas Mauro's given 100 percent effort anytime he's behind a desk.

Hypocracies aside, this is 2017. We know more about disorders such as depression than we ever have before, and we cannot in good conscious, allow grade school bullies like JBL and old codgers like Taz trivialize disorders such as these. I implore each of you to boycott Taz's podcast if you feel it necessary to support Mauro at all. I don't know how one would "boycott" a guy like JBL but consider that as well. We will have to see how WWE itself handles the situation, but I would be willing to boycott the WWE if they chose to let this effect how they utilize Mauro.

I know "social justice" style rants don't really have a usual place here, but I've been having a garbage week and seeing people react to Mauro's illness like this has been the icing on he cake.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: 2 Cents: Mauro Ranallo missing shows

Post by cero2k » Mar 23rd, '17, 15:08

I just barely heard about the depression thing today and it really makes everything in perspective look terrible, I totally agree with you. JBL and WWE have been bullies all the time and it doesn't surprise me.

It kinda feels the same when AJ Lee posted about her bipolar disorder, making all her 'crazy woman' booking seem a bit tasteless.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 23rd, '17, 15:14

cero2k wrote:I just barely heard about the depression thing today and it really makes everything in perspective look terrible, I totally agree with you. JBL and WWE have been bullies all the time and it doesn't surprise me.

It kinda feels the same when AJ Lee posted about her bipolar disorder, making all her 'crazy woman' booking seem a bit tasteless.

I feel like AJ disclosed her bipolar relatively recently, and so this is one of those things that looks terrible in hindsight
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '17, 19:38

I never thought to connect it to Mauro's depression. I was more afraid about the rumors about Vince souring on him (hence why they were letting Tom Phillips talk more). For what it's worth, I'd assume that Mauro missing last week's show due to the weather was 100% legit.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '17, 08:17

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '17, 08:24

cero2k wrote:

Well.. that pretty much confirms it. Good call NWK, and good luck Mauro. You can pull through!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3