2 Cents: Roman's gear

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents: Roman's gear

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 15:16

So I was watching Roman's return to Raw, and the subsequent Shield reunion, and thought to myself "Roman is one of the few people who looks better in street clothes than his wrestling gear ." So why not just have him wrestle in street clothes? I think seeing a guy in street clothes hitting super man punches would give him the air of a Jean Claude Van Damme-esque action hero as opposed to a goofy comic book character like his vest with his symbol on it does.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: 2 Cents: Roman's gear

Post by cero2k » Feb 26th, '19, 16:04

I think something in between. I like his gear, but if what most people complain about is the vest being too protective, just change it to a cut off tshirt. I think that would also add more drama to him taking chops and stuff. I wish WWE wouldn't be so crazy about not having a six pack so that Roman could do more spots without a tshirt. after watching walter or pentagon, nothing is better than seeing someone rip off a shirt and delivering a well placed chop

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 16:23

cero2k wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 16:04 I think something in between. I like his gear, but if what most people complain about is the vest being too protective, just change it to a cut off tshirt. I think that would also add more drama to him taking chops and stuff. I wish WWE wouldn't be so crazy about not having a six pack so that Roman could do more spots without a tshirt. after watching walter or pentagon, nothing is better than seeing someone rip off a shirt and delivering a well placed chop
All of this.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 19:30

cero2k wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 16:04 I think something in between. I like his gear, but if what most people complain about is the vest being too protective, just change it to a cut off tshirt. I think that would also add more drama to him taking chops and stuff. I wish WWE wouldn't be so crazy about not having a six pack so that Roman could do more spots without a tshirt. after watching walter or pentagon, nothing is better than seeing someone rip off a shirt and delivering a well placed chop
I agree with all of this . I heard the reason why he wears the vest is because he doesn't have great abs, but it wasn't like he had a beer gut when he was Leakee.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 27th, '19, 11:07

I’ve always been a fan of guys wrestling in street clothes. I feel like it would be way more comfortable to move around in than a lot of the ring gear (and definitely less revealing than standard trunks), unless you’re Dean Ambrose who looks like he’s gonna bust out of his jeans. And if Lesnar can not wear a shirt, so can anyone else.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '19, 13:54

Serujuunin wrote: Feb 27th, '19, 11:07 I’ve always been a fan of guys wrestling in street clothes. I feel like it would be way more comfortable to move around in than a lot of the ring gear (and definitely less revealing than standard trunks), unless you’re Dean Ambrose who looks like he’s gonna bust out of his jeans. And if Lesnar can not wear a shirt, so can anyone else.
My impression is that wrestling gear is designed to be easier to move in, and also safer due to less loose fabric hanging around that can somehow cause problems.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 27th, '19, 14:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '19, 13:54
Serujuunin wrote: Feb 27th, '19, 11:07 I’ve always been a fan of guys wrestling in street clothes. I feel like it would be way more comfortable to move around in than a lot of the ring gear (and definitely less revealing than standard trunks), unless you’re Dean Ambrose who looks like he’s gonna bust out of his jeans. And if Lesnar can not wear a shirt, so can anyone else.
My impression is that wrestling gear is designed to be easier to move in, and also safer due to less loose fabric hanging around that can somehow cause problems.
I get that that’s what it’s supposed to be like, but I can’t help but look at the long tights and feel like it’s restrictive. Obviously, having never worn anything like that I don’t actually know lol