2 Cents: Killian Dane

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Serujuunin

2 Cents: Killian Dane

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 15:10

So, I wonder if I’m alone on this, but I’m not usually a fan of the “big man” type of wrestler. I don’t find the style entertaining, and often don’t find them very engaging either. However, I think Killian Dane is far too talented for a man that big. He’s fun, he’s explosive, and he legitimately makes my jaw drop every time he leaves his feet, because he just shouldn’t be able to!

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I alone?

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Killian Dane

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 3rd, '19, 15:54

He's not really my style of big man. He's probably the best at his style, but I'm just not that impressed by it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 16:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 15:54 He's not really my style of big man. He's probably the best at his style, but I'm just not that impressed by it.
That’s fair, I can understand that. To be fair, I’m not really impressed by big men anymore either... I blame Brain Strowman for that personally, unless they do all the athletic things rather than just being “I’m big and strong, be scared of me!”

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 3rd, '19, 16:41

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 16:28
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 15:54 He's not really my style of big man. He's probably the best at his style, but I'm just not that impressed by it.
That’s fair, I can understand that. To be fair, I’m not really impressed by big men anymore either... I blame Brain Strowman for that personally, unless they do all the athletic things rather than just being “I’m big and strong, be scared of me!”
You'll get a kick out of Keith Lee and Donovan Dijak's indy stuff, then. Giant dudes doing hurricanranas and Canadian Destroyers and moonsaults.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 17:33

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 16:41
You'll get a kick out of Keith Lee and Donovan Dijak's indy stuff, then. Giant dudes doing hurricanranas and Canadian Destroyers and moonsaults.
They are super fun!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 3rd, '19, 21:07

...Strowman is 385 dropkickin' two dudes at once though lol...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '19, 21:40

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 21:07

"dropkickin"

as an indie nerd, I liked him more in the indies, he looked more impressive, he's just not that big in the WWE.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 3rd, '19, 22:25

Yeah, but he's not doing springboard handstands. I am still surprised when Braun does that though. It's still pretty cool to see a big dude move like that.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 3rd, '19, 23:13

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 22:25
Yeah, but he's not doing springboard handstands. I am still surprised when Braun does that though. It's still pretty cool to see a big dude move like that.
"Springboard handtands"? Now that's just asinine!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 3rd, '19, 23:53

Not a fan. Strikes me as someone who’s always going to do better as a tag competitor with someone smaller than him for him to the muscle.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 08:51

XIV wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 23:53 Not a fan. Strikes me as someone who’s always going to do better as a tag competitor with someone smaller than him for him to the muscle.
I mean, you’re not wrong. Doesn’t mean he can’t still be fun, as long as his partner isn’t Eric Young forever...... I think my eardrums might fall out.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 4th, '19, 08:59

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 08:51
XIV wrote: Mar 3rd, '19, 23:53 Not a fan. Strikes me as someone who’s always going to do better as a tag competitor with someone smaller than him for him to the muscle.
I mean, you’re not wrong. Doesn’t mean he can’t still be fun, as long as his partner isn’t Eric Young forever...... I think my eardrums might fall out.
not that I want to recreated Aces & 8s (I actually do), but he should join The Forgotten Sons

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 09:12

cero2k wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 08:59
not that I want to recreated Aces & 8s (I actually do), but he should join The Forgotten Sons
It’s been a really long time since I’ve even thought about Aces and Eights so I might be misremembering, but I think their main problems were that everything was so drawn out and far too convoluted. If they had just boiled it down and made it simpler, they probably could have gotten more mileage out of it and it wouldn’t have been nearly so painful.

This is actually one of the things that taught me about overbooking lol

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '19, 14:05

Aces 'N' 8's biggest thing was none of the reveals at all were very big pretty much, so no one really cared and when that's your opener...it doesn't really help at all.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 14:08

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 09:12
It’s been a really long time since I’ve even thought about Aces and Eights so I might be misremembering, but I think their main problems were that everything was so drawn out and far too convoluted. If they had just boiled it down and made it simpler, they probably could have gotten more mileage out of it and it wouldn’t have been nearly so painful.

Drawn out, convoluted, full of holes, most of the surprises were major disappointments, the invaders looked pathetically weak most of the time... there were SOOOOOO many things wrong with that angle.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 14:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 14:08

Drawn out, convoluted, full of holes, most of the surprises were major disappointments, the invaders looked pathetically weak most of the time... there were SOOOOOO many things wrong with that angle.
Pure curiosity... do you know who wrote this angle primarily?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 15:30

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 14:59

If I remember correctly, the original idea was said to be Bischoff's but he left in the middle of it. After that Prichard took over as head of Creative and was in charge for the bulk of it, and then I'm not really sure who was in charge for the final few months and the wind-down, but my guess would be, for this particular angle, Bully Ray himself, and I'd guess that he had a lot to do with some of the earlier stuff. Hogan also had a bunch of control over his own stuff, if I remember correctly.

But no matter who was in charge, they made a bunch of mistakes- and often the same ones- over and over again at every turn.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 16:55

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 15:30

If I remember correctly, the original idea was said to be Bischoff's but he left in the middle of it. After that Prichard took over as head of Creative and was in charge for the bulk of it, and then I'm not really sure who was in charge for the final few months and the wind-down, but my guess would be, for this particular angle, Bully Ray himself, and I'd guess that he had a lot to do with some of the earlier stuff. Hogan also had a bunch of control over his own stuff, if I remember correctly.

But no matter who was in charge, they made a bunch of mistakes- and often the same ones- over and over again at every turn.
Besides that, it sounds like a "too many cooks in the kitchen" issue too. I would say that if the guy with the endgame in mind leaves, well the angle suffers, but I'm not sure there was an endgame to Aces and Eights to be honest. It's really unfortunate, because I remember genuinely being interested in the beginning (this was when I was actually watching Impact).

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 17:08

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 16:55

Besides that, it sounds like a "too many cooks in the kitchen" issue too. I would say that if the guy with the endgame in mind leaves, well the angle suffers, but I'm not sure there was an endgame to Aces and Eights to be honest. It's really unfortunate, because I remember genuinely being interested in the beginning (this was when I was actually watching Impact).
From what I can tell, the original endgame is what played out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 17:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:08
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 16:55

From what I can tell, the original endgame is what played out.
Okay wait... it was SUPPOSED to be that way?

Why don’t people pay attention in English when they’re taught about storytelling...