2 Cents: The Viking Experience

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Serujuunin

Re: 2 Cents: The Viking Experience

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 17th, '19, 20:41

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 16th, '19, 15:29 I'm just gonna go completely randomly off the wall here...but I CAN'T be the only one who's ever thought about what this "forum" stuff would be like...actually in person instead of over the internet lol. I see coffee and a giant rectangular table involved...as well of course, televisions with wrestling on them...
Like Table for 3 but with way more than three lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 17th, '19, 21:12

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 16th, '19, 15:29 I'm just gonna go completely randomly off the wall here...but I CAN'T be the only one who's ever thought about what this "forum" stuff would be like...actually in person instead of over the internet lol. I see coffee and a giant rectangular table involved...as well of course, televisions with wrestling on them...
Me and NWK each occasionally leaving the table and coming back fifteen minutes later with some elaborate fantasy booking scenario.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 17th, '19, 23:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 17th, '19, 21:12
Me and NWK each occasionally leaving the table and coming back fifteen minutes later with some elaborate fantasy booking scenario.
Bob-O and I demanding that everyone sell us on Lars Sullivan right then and there...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 18th, '19, 05:38

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 16th, '19, 15:13
Serujuunin wrote: Apr 16th, '19, 15:08
NWK2000 wrote: Apr 16th, '19, 14:10

Agreed. I also see VE as a team that will get over just because they wrestle good, much like Blackochet eventually will.
They really need a tag team name, those two.
"Kick and Flip Express"
The Amsterdam Experience
Black and Also Black
The War Raiders (Already Trademarked and Available!)
The New New Midnight Express
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
The Ex-Men (just to piss off Marvel)
Angry Elite Wrestlers - Fans would be chanting for them all night long!
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 17th, '19, 23:04
Bob-O and I demanding that everyone sell us on Lars Sullivan right then and there...
*Blank Stare* "Ok... so like, Snitsky but smaller... Li'l Snitsky...?"

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 18th, '19, 08:30

What it would actually be is me going, "I like this WWE idea because...." and the rest of the table groaning loudly.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 18th, '19, 08:58

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 08:30 What it would actually be is me going, "I like this WWE idea because...." and the rest of the table groaning loudly.
nah, for the most part they'll argue or disagree. The loud moans would be mine when i bring up japanese wrestling

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 18th, '19, 09:21

Bob-O wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 05:38

"Kick and Flip Express"
The Amsterdam Experience
Black and Also Black
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 17th, '19, 23:04

*Blank Stare* "Ok... so like, Snitsky but smaller... Li'l Snitsky...?"
*shaking the head looking at the ceiling...arms crossed"..."Furthermore, a fat short bald white boy...what else?"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 18th, '19, 10:54

Bob-O wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 05:38

"Kick and Flip Express"
The Amsterdam Experience
Black and Also Black
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
LOL

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 18th, '19, 10:55

cero2k wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 08:58
NWK2000 wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 08:30 What it would actually be is me going, "I like this WWE idea because...." and the rest of the table groaning loudly.
nah, for the most part they'll argue or disagree. The loud moans would be mine when i bring up japanese wrestling
No. I can definitely see most of the groans reserved for moments exactly like this one, where NWK says "guys, I actually like this Viking Experience name" and we all groan and pelt him with crumpled up pieces of paper.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 18th, '19, 11:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 10:55
No. I can definitely see most of the groans reserved for moments exactly like this one, where NWK says "guys, I actually like this Viking Experience name" and we all groan and pelt him with crumpled up pieces of paper.
"Shut the fuck up! Shut the fuck up!", chants would fill the room.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 18th, '19, 15:10

I feel like I would probably be the one sitting there quietly until someone said something I agreed with, and then talk about that thing.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 18th, '19, 15:11

Serujuunin wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 15:10

I feel like I would probably be the one sitting there quietly until someone said something I agreed with, and then talk about that thing.
Awh, you can lambast The Great Lars Sullivan, with Bob-O and I!!!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 18th, '19, 19:10

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 15:11 Awh, you can lambast The Great Lars Sullivan, with Bob-O and I!!!
For sure! I damn near spit my coffee out this morning, somewhere in my morning browsing somebody theorized that Lars Sullivan was the baby that Snitzky punted into the audience all those years ago... super bummed I didn't think of it first.

Actually Seru, you'd be plenty busy answering all my questions about the people you've met and conventions and shows and cons and all that. It's super interesting to me.

On topic...
cero2k wrote: Apr 17th, '19, 14:26 From PWInsider
When WWE NXT Tag Team Champions The War Raiders debuted this past Monday with their new team name, The Viking Experience, it was not the initially pitched name for the duo.

At one point, the duo was slated to be billed as The Bezerkers but it changed as they moved closer to debuting.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I wouldn't blame them if they asked for their release immediately. All I can picture is those two stomping around the ring doing their best John Nord with the Tyler Breeze Furr Boots... HUSS! HUSS! HUSS! Flat back bump off the top rope, kip up, HUSS! HUSS! HUSS! The Revival leaves through the crowd, never seen again.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 18th, '19, 19:43

Bob-O wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 19:10
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 15:11 Awh, you can lambast The Great Lars Sullivan, with Bob-O and I!!!
For sure! I damn near spit my coffee out this morning, somewhere in my morning browsing somebody theorized that Lars Sullivan was the baby that Snitzky punted into the audience all those years ago... super bummed I didn't think of it first.

Actually Seru, you'd be plenty busy answering all my questions about the people you've met and conventions and shows and cons and all that. It's super interesting to me.
Oh my goodness I didn't even think of that... That's actually hilarious!

Haha there's really not that much going on here for all that, I've just been going to them since I was a little girl so I have lots of stories from since I was like... 14 maybe? That's 14 years of stories haha. I'm actually super bummed that the con here next weekend doesn't have any wrestlers coming, that's usually the only reason I go lol. I also just happen to live in Calgary, which is kind of a big deal in the wrestling world. :P

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 18th, '19, 20:12

Calgary... Alberta........ CANADA.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 18th, '19, 20:34

Bob-O wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 19:10

On topic...
cero2k wrote: Apr 17th, '19, 14:26 From PWInsider
When WWE NXT Tag Team Champions The War Raiders debuted this past Monday with their new team name, The Viking Experience, it was not the initially pitched name for the duo.

At one point, the duo was slated to be billed as The Bezerkers but it changed as they moved closer to debuting.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I wouldn't blame them if they asked for their release immediately. All I can picture is those two stomping around the ring doing their best John Nord with the Tyler Breeze Furr Boots... HUSS! HUSS! HUSS! Flat back bump off the top rope, kip up, HUSS! HUSS! HUSS! The Revival leaves through the crowd, never seen again.
Yeah I saw that on FB. Lol he can't be that baby...Kane is way too big to be the father lol.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 19th, '19, 01:59

Bob-O wrote: Apr 18th, '19, 20:12 Calgary... Alberta........ CANADA.
Damn right!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 19th, '19, 08:11

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '19, 15:23

Well... now we've got a new name to debate: The Viking Raiders

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12593 ... e.html?p=1

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 22nd, '19, 16:10

it's a far better name, and I'm sure we'll be able to forget about the 'Experience' sooner or later, but for the sake of complaining, this is just another case of WWE doing things on the spot without thinking and then not sticking to their guns.