2 Cents: WWE Performance Center

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Bob-O

Re: 2 Cents: WWE Performance Center

Post by Bob-O » Jan 24th, '20, 10:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 20:50 1. Why are you slighting the tag teams? A lot of NXT/FCW trainees have held tag team gold. Part of the reason for that is because that's where the openings have been.

2. Charlotte, Corbin, Carmella, Enzo, Nia Jax... oh, and technically Ronda Rousey- is certainly more than "Bliss and one other person." I also think it's pretty fair to assume that Jason Jordan was on his way to singles gold before his injury, and Big Cass probably was, too, before his injury and then attitude problems.

3. I don't know what you've been reading, but Batista used to absolutely trash his time in OVW, claiming that Cornette didn't reach him much of anything because he wouldn't let him talk, and never had him have to sell or to work long matches.
Brock, too, isn't known for speaking fondly of his time in OVW.
1. Because none of them have really set the world on fire.

2. I didn't think Charlotte or any of the WWE Horsewomen were strictly PC products. I thought she came pre-pc...
as for the rest, again, for one reason or another have not set the world on fire. Each one has been a different disaster. Obviously, they all have yet to finish their careers, but at this point I think we're grading on a different scale.

3. I haven't been reading anything I can cite, I've just missed the bits about people dissing OVW. I stand corrected there.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 20:55 Yes, you can name all of those guys because they trained people... but you don't know how many of the guys they trained never went anywhere.
I don't know about the failures, but I still know they trained people which is more than I can say for the trainers at The PC. If WWE Network didn't exist and self promote it I wouldn't be able to name anyone that worked there.

As for the lack of space stuff, absolutely not. When your top draw holds your championship hostage because he doesn't need the job, your #2 merch salesman hasn't wrestled in a year, and your toy lines consist of 75% nostalgia while your highest rated shows rely on that same nostalgia, I'd say there's a pretty significant air bubble at the top of the card. This is one that the indy guys, no matter how much ~WE~ love them, are going to fill.

I'm just looking for this "Harvard" to produce a lawyer, and I think 7 years has been plenty of time. You might be happy with the Harvard of Wrestling Schools producing lots and lots of Legal Assistants - they're integral to any law firm - but I don't think it's an excuse for not producing any lawyers.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '20, 11:47

Bob-O wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 10:52
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 20:50 1. Why are you slighting the tag teams? A lot of NXT/FCW trainees have held tag team gold. Part of the reason for that is because that's where the openings have been.

2. Charlotte, Corbin, Carmella, Enzo, Nia Jax... oh, and technically Ronda Rousey- is certainly more than "Bliss and one other person." I also think it's pretty fair to assume that Jason Jordan was on his way to singles gold before his injury, and Big Cass probably was, too, before his injury and then attitude problems.

3. I don't know what you've been reading, but Batista used to absolutely trash his time in OVW, claiming that Cornette didn't reach him much of anything because he wouldn't let him talk, and never had him have to sell or to work long matches.
Brock, too, isn't known for speaking fondly of his time in OVW.
1. Because none of them have really set the world on fire.
AMERICAN ALPHA.

Also, AoP have been pretty good.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '20, 12:02

Bob-O wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 10:52

As for the lack of space stuff, absolutely not. When your top draw holds your championship hostage because he doesn't need the job, your #2 merch salesman hasn't wrestled in a year, and your toy lines consist of 75% nostalgia while your highest rated shows rely on that same nostalgia, I'd say there's a pretty significant air bubble at the top of the card. This is one that the indy guys, no matter how much ~WE~ love them, are going to fill.

It's not even close to 75% nostalgia stuff (5 at most). And even with no brock and Cena, you've still got:
Bryan
Wyatt
Rollins
Roman
AJ
Braun
Orton
Rey
Jeff Hardy
Samos Joe
Owen's
Zayn
Becky
Charlotte
Sasha
Bayley
Asuka
McIntyre
Kofi
Andrade
Nakamura
Cesaro
Ricochet
Rusev
Carrillo
Ruby Riott
Gulak
Mattie
Aleister Black
War Raiders
AoP
Buddy Murphy
Cedric
Mustafa Ali
Chad Gable
Apollo Crews

And many others who are talented and who the internet will complain if they aren't getting used right.

And that's not including people who have their strong but not universal fanbase like Bliss, Sheamus, and Big E, Vince's usual favorites like Miz, Lashley, Rowan, and Corbin (and Mandy Rose), and people who are talented and fans would care about if they hadn't been so screwed up over the years (Ziggler, EC3, Roode).

There are only so many spots to.be taken without cutting some other highly-talented person or personal favorite of Vince's loose.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 24th, '20, 14:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 12:02 It's not even close to 75% nostalgia
I'm saying the highest rated shows of the year are The Reunion/Nostalgia shows.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 12:02 There are only so many spots to.be taken without cutting some other highly-talented person or personal favorite of Vince's loose.
But there's still a big gaping hole that Cena left sitting wide open at the top of the roster, from the cross-over standpoint that put WWE where it's at vs everyone else, the only one active right now even close is Roman who's already proven that he can't cut the mustard - unless I count Bray, whom I don't see doing charity work any time soon. I love my wrestling more than my entertainment, just like the rest of here - but they just keep helplessly shoveling the indy-bread guys into that Cena gap and WWE Universe is tuning out.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 28th, '20, 15:51

Bob-O wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 14:34
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 12:02 It's not even close to 75% nostalgia
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 24th, '20, 12:02 There are only so many spots to.be taken without cutting some other highly-talented person or personal favorite of Vince's loose.
But there's still a big gaping hole that Cena left sitting wide open at the top of the roster, from the cross-over standpoint that put WWE where it's at vs everyone else, the only one active right now even close is Roman who's already proven that he can't cut the mustard - unless I count Bray, whom I don't see doing charity work any time soon. I love my wrestling more than my entertainment, just like the rest of here - but they just keep helplessly shoveling the indy-bread guys into that Cena gap and WWE Universe is tuning out.
[/quote

There's Rollins whose accolades and constant push are substantial somewhat but I'm not sure he has the needed appeal. Plus his best place is as a heel...forever.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 28th, '20, 18:59

You're right, I misread what you said. But that's WWE's own fault for relying on that stuff to draw ratings instead of building their own starts up. Look at the Rock's appearance on the debut SD. It buried Corbin and made Becky look completely secondary. The only person who got over in that segment was Dwayne. And they've been doing that sh*t for years.
The search for the "crossover star" has been the problem because they've done it at the expense of everything else, and they ignore it when it's dropped into their lap if it's not the guy they want it to be. I was listening to a podcast last week that pointed out that WrestleMania 31 was in San Francisco... right at the beginning of baseball season, and coming off of a season where the Giants had won the World Series... with Daniel Bryan effectively serving as a human mascot for the team.
And what did they do with him? They stuck him in an eight-man clusterf*ck ladder match for a midcard title instead of telling the obvious story of the guy who had to vacate the world title due to injury coming back and winning the title again at Mania.
Do you realize how many major sports franchises do the "YES!" chant now? And it's all because of Daniel Bryan. And WWE never did sh*t with that.

They haven't given the Beckys and Bryans and Joe and Kofis of the world a chance to be that because everything had to be Roman and Charlotte and Corbin.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '20, 21:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 28th, '20, 18:59
You're right, I misread what you said. But that's WWE's own fault for relying on that stuff to draw ratings instead of building their own starts up. Look at the Rock's appearance on the debut SD. It buried Corbin and made Becky look completely secondary. The only person who got over in that segment was Dwayne. And they've been doing that sh*t for years.
The search for the "crossover star" has been the problem because they've done it at the expense of everything else, and they ignore it when it's dropped into their lap if it's not the guy they want it to be. I was listening to a podcast last week that pointed out that WrestleMania 31 was in San Francisco... right at the beginning of baseball season, and coming off of a season where the Giants had won the World Series... with Daniel Bryan effectively serving as a human mascot for the team.
And what did they do with him? They stuck him in an eight-man clusterf*ck ladder match for a midcard title instead of telling the obvious story of the guy who had to vacate the world title due to injury coming back and winning the title again at Mania.
Do you realize how many major sports franchises do the "YES!" chant now? And it's all because of Daniel Bryan. And WWE never did sh*t with that.

They haven't given the Beckys and Bryans and Joe and Kofis of the world a chance to be that because everything had to be Roman and Charlotte and Corbin.
That last sentence sums up my entire feeling of the Royal Rumble. Besides Bailey and Lacey Evan's, and I guess you could say Bryan and Wyatt...and McIntyre...just about every match on that show was won by a big top WWE guy or woman. No big changes or shakeups or new chance for someone else to shine. Like I said about the two title matches...they don't count in the same way clearly.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 30th, '20, 22:43

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 21:54 just about every match on that show was won by a big top WWE guy or woman. No big changes or shakeups or new chance for someone else to shine. Like I said about the two title matches...they don't count in the same way clearly.
...and that old friend is why I've always hated the "winner goes to Wrestlemania" stipulation of The Royal Rumble. Dual/Triple branding helps, but that stip makes essentially 2/3rds of the Rumble pointless... we all know Rowan isn't getting a title shot at Wrestlemania...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 31st, '20, 09:23

Bob-O wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 22:43
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 30th, '20, 21:54 just about every match on that show was won by a big top WWE guy or woman. No big changes or shakeups or new chance for someone else to shine. Like I said about the two title matches...they don't count in the same way clearly.
...and that old friend is why I've always hated the "winner goes to Wrestlemania" stipulation of The Royal Rumble. Dual/Triple branding helps, but that stip makes essentially 2/3rds of the Rumble pointless... we all know Rowan isn't getting a title shot at Wrestlemania...
He showed up and I said "maybe it's finally time to reveal what's in the cage...it seems like this has been going for 6 months! Perfect time at the Royal Rumble too..."

*out in 2 seconds and the cage is gone.*