2 Cents: Edge's Title Shot

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents: Edge's Title Shot

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 4th, '21, 13:36

I love Edge, I love Finn Balor, and I love Pete Dunne
But God, Edge vs Balor or Dunne would be the biggest waste.

I see infinitely more storytelling potential with Roman. You have Christian, and Beth Phoenix contracted. Roman going after Christian and Beth to get under Edge's skin despite his whole gimmick centerpiece being about family. Plus, Edge and Paul Heyman are two of the best promos in the business today, let alone WWE, so having them carry what would largely be segments would be easy money.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

XIV

Re: 2 Cents: Edge's Title Shot

Post by XIV » Feb 4th, '21, 14:38

I don’t think Edge will go for NXT, that is a huge waste. I figure it was just for a little bump for NXT against AEW’s Beach Bullshit show.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 4th, '21, 14:41

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 13:36 I love Edge, I love Finn Balor, and I love Pete Dunne
But God, Edge vs Balor or Dunne would be the biggest waste.

I see infinitely more storytelling potential with Roman. You have Christian, and Beth Phoenix contracted. Roman going after Christian and Beth to get under Edge's skin despite his whole gimmick centerpiece being about family. Plus, Edge and Paul Heyman are two of the best promos in the business today, let alone WWE, so having them carry what would largely be segments would be easy money.
You could also use this to build for a Jey Uso vs Christian at Wrestlemania to give Jey Uso that win/rub with Christian, Edge vs Uso / Roman Reigns interactions up to that point to keep things moving.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 4th, '21, 15:07

It's going to be Roman.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 4th, '21, 15:44

no need to worry NWK, ratings are out and no one watched Edge on NXT anyway, so I doubt they'll have him go down to nxt again.