2 cents: Sin Cara

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Serujuunin

Re: 2 cents: Sin Cara

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 3rd, '11, 10:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
Bob-O wrote:I've yet to be impressed with Sin Cara. Even before he made his WWE debut, I checked out a few Mystico matches on YouTube and didn't see what the big deal was. Seems like they could have signed any one of a handfull of Lucha guys and got the same results.

I know, from a business point of view, WWE's goal with him is to sell masks. Hence all the "Next Rey Mysterio" hoopla. I don't see this happening with Cara in his current package. With his mask hiding ALL of his facial features and his inability to cut a promo in English, it's going to be very difficult to build a connection with the audience (to sell masks). They've tried changing the lighting for his matches, which bothers me. It bothers in the same way it bothers me when they loop New Jack's theme song during his matches. Great song and cool lights, but why should their respective entrances extend through their entire matches? It doesn't make any sense!

Ultimately, I don't think Sin Cara is as talented as Kaval whom they "had nothing for". While I try to keep an open mind, I'm likely taking this frustration out on Sin Cara.
All of this
x2, even though I like him he does seem like he could be any other Lucha and still do well.