2 Cents: MITB 2011

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
ECWFlairfan

2 Cents: MITB 2011

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 16th, '11, 20:51

How awesome would this work at 2morrow night's MITB:

During the RAW MITB match... RW Animal is announced as the guest timekeeper for the match. At the end of the match however, one of them grabs the briefcase but it falls into Animal's hands and he is declared the winner... later in the evening Animal gets involved helping Punk win the WWE title... then after Punk is handed the belt Animal hits him with the briefcase (after holding up Punk's hand in victory) & then wins the WWE title himself... pointing up at the heavens where Hawk is & on the mic dedicates his title reign to Hawk...

Now that would be ultra cool...

What do you guys think???

KILLdozer

Re: MITB 2011

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 16th, '11, 21:37

i think your crazy lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 16th, '11, 21:50

ECWFlairfan wrote:How awesome would this work at 2morrow night's MITB:

During the RAW MITB match... RW Animal is announced as the guest timekeeper for the match. At the end of the match however, one of them grabs the briefcase but it falls into Animal's hands and he is declared the winner... later in the evening Animal gets involved helping Punk win the WWE title... then after Punk is handed the belt Animal hits him with the briefcase (after holding up Punk's hand in victory) & then wins the WWE title himself... pointing up at the heavens where Hawk is & on the mic dedicates his title reign to Hawk...

Now that would be ultra cool...

What do you guys think???
that would be absolutely horrible!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 16th, '11, 23:05

yeah dude, sorry, but that would be worse than Panic at the Disco, even if they somehow connected it with Punk saying Johnny Ace is an ass kisser

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '11, 23:55

cero2k wrote:yeah dude, sorry, but that would be worse than Panic at the Disco, even if they somehow connected it with Punk saying Johnny Ace is an a** kisser
Agreed
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Jul 17th, '11, 04:52

cero2k wrote:yeah dude, sorry, but that would be worse than Panic at the Disco
...I kill you.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 08:28

Wow... I figured there'd be more support on here for Animal (not Batista) getting the WWE title in his hometown... you'd have to admit it'd be a swerve no one saw coming (fyi I'm not predicting this...though I'd mark out if Animal did make an appearance supporting Punk 2nite)

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 17th, '11, 09:16

ECWFlairfan wrote:Wow... I figured there'd be more support on here for Animal (not Batista) getting the WWE title in his hometown... you'd have to admit it'd be a swerve no one saw coming (fyi I'm not predicting this...though I'd mark out if Animal did make an appearance supporting Punk 2nite)
Tonight is going to be all about CM Punk, it just wouldnt make sense to put the title on someone who honestly hasnt been in the WWE for a while.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 17th, '11, 11:52

You have too much time on your hands.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 15:19

yourcrapsweak wrote:You have too much time on your hands.
not in this case, I was just thinking about Chicago being the Road Warriors' hometown too...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '11, 16:00

ECWFlairfan wrote:Wow... I figured there'd be more support on here for Animal (not Batista) getting the WWE title in his hometown... you'd have to admit it'd be a swerve no one saw coming (fyi I'm not predicting this...though I'd mark out if Animal did make an appearance supporting Punk 2nite)

1. Road Warrior Animal is 51 years old and hasn't wrestled in over four years. Why on Earth would we want to see him as champion... and especially in a place that would be perfect for elevating someone who can actually help the company.

2. This makes no kayfabe sense. How can Animal win a match that he isn't even competing in? By that logic, whenever there is a DQ, I win the match... and I might as well be one of the Tag Team Champions under the Freebird Rule.

3. Just because no one would see it coming does not make it a good idea. When he was on the WCW booking committee, Disco Inferno wanted to do an angle in which Lance Storm, Team Canada, and Mike Tenay were revealed to be space aliens who had come to take over the Earth. Just because no one would see it coming does not make it a good idea (for a more recent and less silly example, look at Tommy Dreamer's heel turn in TNA this year).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 17th, '11, 16:05

Big Red Machine wrote:
3. Just because no one would see it coming does not make it a good idea.
this is the thing; a swerve is a waste of time when it makes absolutely no sense at all.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 17th, '11, 16:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Disco Inferno wanted to do an angle in which Lance Storm, Team Canada, and Mike Tenay were revealed to be space aliens who had come to take over the Earth.
i would totally see that coming

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 17th, '11, 17:29

Has someone already speculated that with Cabana going to be there and the KoW possibly going to WWE that CM Punk is possibly going to end up starting an open revolution?

An angle where he leads a stable against the company? With Cabana as his right-hand man and the KoW as his enforcers?
Lady Luck is smiling...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 19th, '11, 08:50

Verdun wrote:Has someone already speculated that with Cabana going to be there and the KoW possibly going to WWE that CM Punk is possibly going to end up starting an open revolution?

An angle where he leads a stable against the company? With Cabana as his right-hand man and the KoW as his enforcers?
Who else is on the "outs" with the company right now? Vince McMahon. Dethroned from his empire. I can see exactly what you're saying going down, backed up by Vince himself. He's already blamed Cena (his former 'Golden Boy') for all this and is bound to resent Hunter. Vince was "relieved of his duties" last night, but he still owns his shares of the company, and this could be used to get Punk back in the door - for some "Corporate Destruction" which Punk would be more than intrigued with. When Vince gets backed into a corner, historically speaking, he turns to his enemies for help. Remember when he brought in the NWO?

I say it's business as usual until Summerslam, Cena vs (Champion), where Vinny shows up with the KoW, Cabana, and "The Real WWE Champion" CM Punk. Who knows, they might feel inclined to include Tyler Black in all this or bring back Luke Gallows! NWO-type stuff ensues, as Vince tries to regain control from Hunter. Maybe a few defections, Daniel Bryan and his briefcase would be a good one, his "chosen one" Drew McIntyre would be another. I could see this lasting till Wrestlemania if they don't screw it up. Obviously it couldn't come down to a Cena/Punk rematch at Wrestlemania, but what about Punk vs Helmsly... :-?

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 19th, '11, 20:22

Bob-O wrote:Who else is on the "outs" with the company right now? Vince McMahon. Dethroned from his empire. I can see exactly what you're saying going down, backed up by Vince himself. He's already blamed Cena (his former 'Golden Boy') for all this and is bound to resent Hunter. Vince was "relieved of his duties" last night, but he still owns his shares of the company, and this could be used to get Punk back in the door - for some "Corporate Destruction" which Punk would be more than intrigued with. When Vince gets backed into a corner, historically speaking, he turns to his enemies for help. Remember when he brought in the NWO?

I say it's business as usual until Summerslam, Cena vs (Champion), where Vinny shows up with the KoW, Cabana, and "The Real WWE Champion" CM Punk. Who knows, they might feel inclined to include Tyler Black in all this or bring back Luke Gallows! NWO-type stuff ensues, as Vince tries to regain control from Hunter. Maybe a few defections, Daniel Bryan and his briefcase would be a good one, his "chosen one" Drew McIntyre would be another. I could see this lasting till Wrestlemania if they don't screw it up. Obviously it couldn't come down to a Cena/Punk rematch at Wrestlemania, but what about Punk vs Helmsly... :-?
I could see this happening...lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 19th, '11, 21:39

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Bob-O wrote:Who else is on the "outs" with the company right now? Vince McMahon. Dethroned from his empire. I can see exactly what you're saying going down, backed up by Vince himself. He's already blamed Cena (his former 'Golden Boy') for all this and is bound to resent Hunter. Vince was "relieved of his duties" last night, but he still owns his shares of the company, and this could be used to get Punk back in the door - for some "Corporate Destruction" which Punk would be more than intrigued with. When Vince gets backed into a corner, historically speaking, he turns to his enemies for help. Remember when he brought in the NWO?

I really want to see this happen!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 19th, '11, 21:58

ECWFlairfan wrote:

lol I know your talkin about crazy ideas
When they come, they'll come at what you love.