2 Cents: Wade Barrett

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: Wade Barrett

Post by cero2k » Jul 20th, '11, 18:20

He's Brit, he's got a great voice, great image, and he's not that bad a fighter. What are your thoughts on Wade Barrett

kiel297

Re: 2 Cents: Wade Barrett

Post by kiel297 » Jul 20th, '11, 19:17

WWE really dropped the ball with him. That's all I can say really. Such a great talent, and they've wasted him. Hopefully he makes it back to the title scene one day

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 20th, '11, 19:32

kiel297 wrote:WWE really dropped the ball with him. That's all I can say really. Such a great talent, and they've wasted him. Hopefully he makes it back to the title scene one day
yea shouldve been a world champion by now
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '11, 21:16

The jury is still out. He is okay in the ring, and I want to hear if he is good talking about something besides the Nexus.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jul 21st, '11, 03:06

!!!!!!!!

I think he is amazing, but thats just me being bias.

Truthfully though, he wasn't as good or threatening as he used to be.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 21st, '11, 06:34

Big Red Machine wrote:The jury is still out. He is okay in the ring, and I want to hear if he is good talking about something besides the Nexus.
I know you saw NXT Season 1, the man cut a character defining promo on wind! WWE drops the ball every week they don't take advantage of his talents.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 21st, '11, 08:00

I expected him to win MITB on Sunday towards the end of the match when it was just him and Bryan on the ladder. He seems ready plus he's had matches with the big talents. He's been the IC Champ which really used to be a stepping stone to being a world champion. He's on his own, no Corre around and it's time they start letting him show what he can do.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 21st, '11, 08:55

All he needs is a curly mustache.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 21st, '11, 11:27

I think he's easily the best new talent wwe has introduced besides Daniel Bryan. It's only a matter of time before he holds one of the top titles, and I'm glad they haven't given him the belt yet; he's only been on tv for a little over a year....

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Jul 21st, '11, 12:49

He has one of the worst finishers I've ever seen. He doesn't really stand out to me.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 21st, '11, 12:50

Shogun Rua wrote:He has one of the worst finishers I've ever seen. He doesn't really stand out to me.
its not the nicest execution and look wise,,but think about it,,off someones shoulders just goin crashing to the mat,flat down on your back,doesnt always look the best but that would take the wind out of you for sure,def stun you for a minute

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Jul 21st, '11, 13:08

Maybe stunned for a minute, but I've fallen out of trees onto my back, and I was back up in a jiffy. They were definately taller than Barrett too, so I can't really see what's so devastating about it. A finisher should end the match 90% of the time you use it.

It's like the AA, sure, it'll hurt a bit, but it shouldn't keep you down.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 21st, '11, 21:30

Shogun Rua wrote:Maybe stunned for a minute, but I've fallen out of trees onto my back, and I was back up in a jiffy. They were definately taller than Barrett too, so I can't really see what's so devastating about it. A finisher should end the match 90% of the time you use it.

It's like the AA, sure, it'll hurt a bit, but it shouldn't keep you down.
Wasteland is, in my opinion, the best "Big Man" move to be introduced since the Chokeslam! It's innovative, and Barrett makes it look like "the end" with his set-up, yell, and delivery. We could detour WAY off topic and debate the potential effectiveness of A LOT of finishers, but I think we've already got a separate topic for that.

Barrett reminds me a lot of Scott Hall (the wrestler, not the embarrassment) not only in the way he connects with his audience but even in the way he moves around the ring. The two are similar in size and build, and pay close attention to their entrances. The way Barrett throws a roundhouse punch to the crowd and backs off really seems inspired by Scott Hall's "Bad Guy" routine.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 21st, '11, 22:12

The only thing I'm not sold on is his ring work. He needs to broaden his skill set and actually have matches that don't end in him leaving or people interrupting. I wanna see a set of good solid Barrett matches.

On the topic of his finisher, I love it. While it looks simple, I think it looks simply devastating. The boom that you hear when his opponent gets thrown to the canvas makes it a winning finisher to me.
Lady Luck is smiling...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 21st, '11, 22:15

Verdun wrote:The only thing I'm not sold on is his ring work. He needs to broaden his skill set and actually have matches that don't end in him leaving or people interrupting. I wanna see a set of good solid Barrett matches.

On the topic of his finisher, I love it. While it looks simple, I think it looks simply devastating. The boom that you hear when his opponent gets thrown to the canvas makes it a winning finisher to me.
yea ppl say itll only for a few seconds,,but as well know thats all it takes