2 Cents: Triple H as COO

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Triple H as COO

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 11th, '11, 21:29

KILLdozer wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:theres no difference in being called Triple H,or HHH,and Hunter Hearst Helmsly..they both mean the same thing,,one is short for the other,,everyone knows what hhh stands for So i dont really see the dilema everyone sees in it...ppl know the mans name is not just three h's..it stands for something...just like JBL,everyone knew that wasnt on his certificate..So technically..he is being called Hunter Hearst Helmsly
Triple H is like a nickname that you call your friend. You call your boss "Mr. Helmsley."
Id say Triple H is more like a habitual shortening than a nickname,but,Ok then,Mr Helmsley is really more of a variation to me,its just calling HHH by his last name
But the point is that it is much less appropriate to call your boss in a major corporation by a nickname.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 11th, '11, 21:31

Triple H is like a nickname that you call your friend. You call your boss "Mr. Helmsley."[/quote]

Id say Triple H is more like a habitual shortening than a nickname,but,Ok then,Mr Helmsley is really more of a variation to me,its just calling HHH by his last name[/quote]

But the point is that it is much less appropriate to call your boss in a major corporation by a nickname.[/quote]

but technically in a way the nickname has basically become his name,even still it doesnt take much work,just start calling him mr helmsley,
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Styles

Post by Styles » Aug 12th, '11, 01:12

KILLdozer wrote:Triple H is like a nickname that you call your friend. You call your boss "Mr. Helmsley."
Id say Triple H is more like a habitual shortening than a nickname,but,Ok then,Mr Helmsley is really more of a variation to me,its just calling HHH by his last name[/quote]

But the point is that it is much less appropriate to call your boss in a major corporation by a nickname.[/quote]

but technically in a way the nickname has basically become his name,even still it doesnt take much work,just start calling him mr helmsley,[/quote]

Yes but what Big Red means is that, if guys aren't calling him Mr. Helmsley, he should be (kayfabe) saying "I'm not your buddy, I'm not your pal, I'm your boss, You'll call me Mr. Helmsley and you'll like it"

I don't mind what he's called to be totally honest, as long as it's not Triple H....

I don't go to work, walk up to boss and be like, "wassup TJ?" (his name is Tony Jessup), "how's it going Tone-Alone" or "Whats crack-a-lackin T-Bag".... you just don't use nicknames on your boss.

He should be Hunter Hearst Helmsley OR Paul Levesque. (Probably, Helmsley now I've thought about it).... Stephanie's onscreen name is McMahon-Helmsley and they have had some major angles with The McMahon-Helmsley's etcetera... and even when Punk was doing his breaking kayfabe thing, he still called him "Hunter" and not Paul.... so I am now that I've thought about it, believing he should Hunter Hearst Helmsley for all intensive purposes... or Hunter Hemsley... or to his "employees" Mr. Helmsley.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 12th, '11, 08:42

Styles wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:Triple H is like a nickname that you call your friend. You call your boss "Mr. Helmsley."
Id say Triple H is more like a habitual shortening than a nickname,but,Ok then,Mr Helmsley is really more of a variation to me,its just calling HHH by his last name

but technically in a way the nickname has basically become his name,even still it doesnt take much work,just start calling him mr helmsley,[/quote]

Yes but what Big Red means is that, if guys aren't calling him Mr. Helmsley, he should be (kayfabe) saying "I'm not your buddy, I'm not your pal, I'm your boss, You'll call me Mr. Helmsley and you'll like it"

I don't mind what he's called to be totally honest, as long as it's not Triple H....

I don't go to work, walk up to boss and be like, "wassup TJ?" (his name is Tony Jessup), "how's it going Tone-Alone" or "Whats crack-a-lackin T-Bag".... you just don't use nicknames on your boss.

He should be Hunter Hearst Helmsley OR Paul Levesque. (Probably, Helmsley now I've thought about it).... Stephanie's onscreen name is McMahon-Helmsley and they have had some major angles with The McMahon-Helmsley's etcetera... and even when Punk was doing his breaking kayfabe thing, he still called him "Hunter" and not Paul.... so I am now that I've thought about it, believing he should Hunter Hearst Helmsley for all intensive purposes... or Hunter Hemsley... or to his "employees" Mr. Helmsley.[/quote]

keep in mide most bosses also arent widely referred to by a nickname either..this is a different case then most,,,how many bosses have you known called "Double Z " or "Triple J" ..,
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 8th, '11, 07:25

Bob-O wrote:Triple H feels like nothing more than a GM right now except he shows up on Smackdown too
I still stand by all of this. Now more than ever. The man didn't show up to Smackdown to address his employees that "walked out"!? Why would it be OK for these employees to walk off the job Monday and still show up to work on Friday!? He's being presented as the Raw GM.

I'm hoping that WWE throws us a swerve, making Teddy Long the mastermind that's been sabotaging Triple H in an effort to make Smackdown the #1 Show. The pieces are in place and nobody would see it coming. THEN this would make some sort of sense.