2 Cents - Abyss/"Brother" Angle

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Big Bad Booty Daddy

2 Cents - Abyss/"Brother" Angle

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Apr 6th, '12, 12:48

Is it just me or did TNA give us the whole "Abyss's brother" looking for AByss for one show, then its seemed to have been dropped.

Feel free to correct me but i dont think i have seen this angle carried on over recent weeks

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents - Abyss/"Brother" Angle

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 6th, '12, 14:12

Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:Is it just me or did TNA give us the whole "Abyss's brother" looking for AByss for one show, then its seemed to have been dropped.

Feel free to correct me but i dont think i have seen this angle carried on over recent weeks
No, it has been going on for one segment a week for at least 6 weeks now.

The angle itself is full of holes. One of their employees is missing, and TNA isn't concerned at all?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 6th, '12, 16:58

Big Red Machine wrote:
Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:Is it just me or did TNA give us the whole "Abyss's brother" looking for AByss for one show, then its seemed to have been dropped.

The angle itself is full of holes. One of their employees is missing, and TNA isn't concerned at all?
It's been going since March 8th; it hasn't even been a month yet.

I'm anxious to see where it goes; they're working it on the low right now (which I like; not every angle needs to dominate the show). I wanna see what they do with it. Obviously, they can't do much with it now (the authority figures in TNA have been so wrapped up in Bobby Roode that it makes sense they aren't asking questions about Abyss)

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 8th, '12, 11:55

from my understanding, the angle hasn't really done much other than having abyss' brother asking around right? I think that there is potential here if they go with a multiple personality thing with him, otherwise, this angle will really humanize abyss, kinda like taker got humanized when we found out he had a "alive" brother.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Apr 8th, '12, 18:03

I remember at first I thought that guy was Scott D'Amore, but it's actually Abyss himself isn't it?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 8th, '12, 21:17

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

It's been going since March 8th; it hasn't even been a month yet.

I'm anxious to see where it goes; they're working it on the low right now (which I like; not every angle needs to dominate the show). I wanna see what they do with it. Obviously, they can't do much with it now (the authority figures in TNA have been so wrapped up in Bobby Roode that it makes sense they aren't asking questions about Abyss)
In that case, the fact that it feels like it has been going on for so long (and going nowhwere) is a bad sign.

And what do you mean that it makes sense that the authority figures shouldn't notice because they are busy with Bobby Roode? At first, maybe (although the fact that the guy hasn't shown up to work for a month seems like something that someone would notice), but once Joseph Parks showed up and started asking questions, they should take notice. Roode is really a relatively simple (meaning non-complex, rather than easy) problem (after all, Hogan can apparently just order him into a match). And also, TNA has other people in authority aside from Dixie, Hogan, and Sting. Shouldn't the head of their personnel department be trying to help find Abyss?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3