2 Cents: The Embassy

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: The Embassy

Post by cero2k » Apr 10th, '12, 11:30

Ring of Honor's longest lasting stable (right?). The Embassy has had many wrestler come through it, with Prince Nana be the only constant all these years.

what's your opinion on The Embassy ?? as a stable, the members, prince nana, etc

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: The Embassy

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 10th, '12, 12:10

The Embassy has been a HUGE failure since its return in 2009. It has been a stable of midcarders that have gone nowhere and have had horrible feuds. The only decent one was the feud between Albright and Claudio which started before the Embassy returned and blew off only a few months after the Embassy returned. It has been nothing but a midcard afterthought. Babyfaces have gotten their heat back from Nana WAY too often, and Nana hasn't been entertaining since his first promo back in March 2009. The only entertaining thing about the Embassy in any way has been RD Evans.

The Embassy in 2005 and 2006 was GREAT. Jimmy Rave got MAJOR heat, Shelley and Daizee both got good heat, and Abyss worked perfectly as an occasionally brought in enforcer. The Embassy was great... in its time. The Embassy was a thing of the past that should have stayed dead. Joey Ryan didn't work. Turning Erick Stevens heel didn't work. Turning Necro heel didn't work. Ciampa, while undefeated for over a year, really hasn't had much of anything that resembles a major match, aside from his two matches with Lethal, but of which happened this year. He hasn't even been in the ring with Eddie, Davey, Roddy, either Briscoe, Kenny King (and only once with Rhett, in a six-way match).

It's not hard to remain undefeated when you keep wrestling Grizzly Redwood and Andy Ridge.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 10th, '12, 13:22

the embassy has definitely had it's ups and downs. 05-06 embassy was pretty good, it had good people with them and it had a crazy amount of heat. 09 sucked hard. '11 embassy hasn't been THAT bad, but there's nothing really happening with them, their feuds have been bad, they technically only have 1 wrestler plus the occasional 'hire'. they really need to get into another stable warfare thing, either that or get rid of osiris and replace him with a wrestler. challenge for the tag titles.

i like nana for what he is, he's never been my favorite manager, but i like what he brings to the table.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 10th, '12, 14:56

I've always been a big fan of the Embassy. I like Ciampa a lot, but they do need more wrestlers, but everything else is perfect.

The incarnation before this one WAS terrible: Erick Stevens (whom I never really thought much of), Joey Ryan (never liked him much either), and Necro Butcher (who didn't fit in at all). Claudio was great, but they always made a point to say that Claudio was an ALLY of the Embassy, and not include him as a part of the stable.

The Rave/Shelley crew was awesome; I even enjoyed it when it was Rave and Sal Rinauro; they need at least one other guy in the crew. Then they'd be perfect.

the HoT on the other hand, has grown on me like no other! Rhino, Elgin, & Strong?!