2 Cents: Power to the People Reign

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: Power to the People Reign

Post by cero2k » May 8th, '12, 12:08

It's been many weeks since Johnny Ace took control of WWE and we've seen Power To The People play it's role. In the last weeks we've seen how things are getting darker, now that you can't even express your opinion without getting punished.

what's your opinion on the Power To The People Era??

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Power to the People Reign

Post by Big Red Machine » May 8th, '12, 12:16

Seems decent so far, but not enough time has passed to tell.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 8th, '12, 12:30

Big Red Machine wrote:Seems decent so far, but not enough time has passed to tell.
do you like where it's kinda going, with the thing that no one can say anything bad about Ace? do you like Eve in her new job?

personally, i love that "no free speech" thing, it's gonna make the faces look like rebels fighting for what's right, Punk is right there in the frontline, and making an example out of Cena was a good touch. furthermore, i love it when heels get special treatment from the GMs.

The Eve character is so far ok, but i really wanna see her get over her head and think she has control of WWE and even think she can take over Lauranitis

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 8th, '12, 12:52

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Seems decent so far, but not enough time has passed to tell.
do you like where it's kinda going, with the thing that no one can say anything bad about Ace? do you like Eve in her new job?

personally, i love that "no free speech" thing, it's gonna make the faces look like rebels fighting for what's right, Punk is right there in the frontline, and making an example out of Cena was a good touch. furthermore, i love it when heels get special treatment from the GMs.

The Eve character is so far ok, but i really wanna see her get over her head and think she has control of WWE and even think she can take over Lauranitis
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you said, but I want to give it more time to see how it plays out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 9th, '12, 09:17

My problem with 'Power to the People' is that right off the bat (with Lesnar) they established that Ace isn't ~really~ in charge. That at any time Triple H can swoop in and make things right. We also know Triple H isn't ~really~ in charge because he was removed from his position by "The Board". Vince's name still get's thrown around like he's still a Trump Card, even though HE was also removed from his position of power.

For this thing to REALLY click, with me anyway, they need to establish that the corruption STARTS at the top - and I don't think they've effectively established WHO that is or WHO they are. It's like TNA... but you know, just a storyline.

I'm liking everything else. Otunga has been spot on. Eve is a GREAT heel, and she might also provide the segway for an EPIC Zack Ryder heel turn, and it brought back Paul mother humpin' Heyman!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 9th, '12, 09:56

Bob-O wrote:My problem with 'Power to the People' is that right off the bat (with Lesnar) they established that Ace isn't ~really~ in charge. That at any time Triple H can swoop in and make things right. We also know Triple H isn't ~really~ in charge because he was removed from his position by "The Board". Vince's name still get's thrown around like he's still a Trump Card, even though HE was also removed from his position of power.

For this thing to REALLY click, with me anyway, they need to establish that the corruption STARTS at the top - and I don't think they've effectively established WHO that is or WHO they are. It's like TNA... but you know, just a storyline.

I'm liking everything else. Otunga has been spot on. Eve is a GREAT heel, and she might also provide the segway for an EPIC Zack Ryder heel turn, and it brought back Paul mother humpin' Heyman!
I think the way they are doing it is supposed to convey that. The board is obviously some combination of corrupt or incompetent (after all, how could they let Johnny Ace have his job back after Triple H fired him for abusing his power, and how do they not notice him abusing his power).
I see what you are saying about him needing to be the top guy, but I think that doesn't flow well with his gimmick. He is supposed to be a corporate yes-man. For him to grow into the Bischoff/Vince style douchy heel in charge, hos character needs time.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 10th, '12, 23:01

I don't like the title of it bc it's just cheap heat; Ace is just aggravating the crowd in an uncreative way. It's the same way the Miz tried to keep his heat; just claim that you have backup from the fans that you obviously do not have. I think they could have just kept Ace kissing the Board's ass and being a spineless Yesman. Now, they're trying to make him this manipulative evil leader, and I don't think it's gonna get over. I'm cool with him screwing with Teddy the way he has, but I don't see why guys like Punk and Big Show wouldn't just take their complaints to the Board.

Eve is atrocious; another thing I hate about WWE's ideas. She did such a terrible job of acting during the Cena/Kane feud that they decided to turn her heel; that's cool. But why take it this far? Why give the Hoski authority? Just to annoy the shit out of the fans? This is the type of thing that gets more heat on the WWE for thinking it up than on Eve for kayfabe reasons.

I AM enjoying all the new talent that's been coming in, but as I said before, the wording of "Power to the People" is just a weak patronizing of the WWE Universe and therefore weak heat. If Ace were to backlash against this "era" it would have no gravity bc it doesn't actually mean anything

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 10th, '12, 23:42

I almost feel like this should be in the Against the Grain thread, but I can't stand Laurinitis. At all. Or Otunga, or Eve, or all this trash. Laurinitis is terrible on the mic, his promos are absolutely painful and I mute my TV whenever he comes on, Eve just annoys me (I too wonder why she got the authority, it can't just be because she was supporting Laurinitis, else there would have been more options, hell I would have even chosen Cole for the role over Eve if that's the reasoning). I don't see why Laurinitis needs to be in the main event at Over the Limit either. Or why bring Lesner back for what, three weeks and a PPV? Mind you, it brought Heyman back and I'm sure it's not over yet.

This whole thing is just trash to me. A waste of time.