Cero Reviews STARDOM Osaka Dream Cinderella

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews STARDOM Osaka Dream Cinderella

Post by cero2k » Dec 28th, '20, 22:56

STARDOM Osaka Dream Cinderella
December 20, 2020
Osaka, Japan

Future Of Stardom Title Three Way Match
Maika (c) vs. Saya Iida vs. Saya Kamitani - 7/10
This was great, but there was a lot of spots that seemed off timed or out of position. They tried to work a fast pace and to switch between pairings, but sometimes those switches were not the best. There was one in particular with Saya hitting a superplex on Maika, and then just kinda letting her go instead of pining her. Nonetheless, the energy was great, the moves were good for their experience. Saya pinned Kamitani at the end with a pin that Saya herself pulled the shoulder, but we'll just ignore that. You can easily see that all three women will be huge stars in the future

Post-match - Saya cut a promo saying that all her hard work has finally paid off. She said that this title can only be held for those under two years of experience, and she was about to pass her time, so she asked to extend the field to three years, and she challenged to those that are still eligible.

Riho & Ruaka vs. Oedo Tai (Konami & Natsuko Tora) - 6/10
This was ok, the stuff between Konami and Riho was best, but Ruaka is just too green and Tora doesn't really excite me to be honest. Konami pinned Ruaka.

Oedo Tai (Bea Priestley & Saki Kashima) vs. Donna del Mondo (Himeka & Natsupoi) - 7/10
This was great, I love the pairing of Himeka and Natsupoi, this match worked for me by having Himeka be in the ring with the near falls, and have the faster Natsupoi help out from the outside. And for that matter, Priestley and Kashima make a good pairing too, arguably the best for both right now. The last couple of minutes were between Himeka and Kashima, with the former pinning the latter for the win.

Unless I've missed anything, I was surprised that DdM got the win over Oedo Tai here, not for Kashima, but for Priestley.

High Speed Title Match
AZM (c) vs. Mei Hoshizuki - 8/10
I liked the chemistry and action in this match a lot, it felt like a match between two wrestlers that have known each other for a long time and have met each other across the ring enough. Yet, these two have only been wrestling for a couple of years, they're both only 18 years old, and despite that, you really couldn't tell that Hoshizuki is only 2 years into the business. Just look at the finishing sequence, that was a 5 minute exchange of pin reversals and counters, and granted, not all kickouts looked great, but the action was non stop, no mistiming or being in the wrong place.

Artist Of Stardom Title Elimination Match
Cosmic Angels (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) (c) vs. STARS (Gokigen Death, Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid) - 8.5/10
I thought that it was kinda weird seeing Gokiden Death be in this match, she is for the most part comedy, and so seeing her trade spots with Nakano and Iwatani, who are in a heated rivalry, was kinda weird

Post-match - The thanked the crowd. Nakano announced that Cosmic Angels are leaving STARS and starting their own unit. Mayu cut a short promo on Nakano, telling her that she's gonna destroy her next year. Starlight Kid said that what type of title gets defended in an elimination match, and so since Mayu, Saya Iida, and herself have a pin over them, they'll be challenging once again soon (poor Death is being left out). Sayaka and Nakano said that they're already champions, but their new goal is to humiliate STARS.

SWA Undisputed World Women's Title / Wonder Of Stardom Title Match
Syuri (c) vs. Giulia (c) - 8.5/10
This match after both of them failed to convince Hayashishita to a title vs title match, and so the stablemates decided to just to at it with each other, title vs title.

This match is a bit hard to rate for me, they went the full 30 minute for a time limit draw, for their level of experience, for the length of the match, for the lack of storytelling coming into their match, I thought this was really good. It's was back and forward non-stop action, they kept it hard hitting, friendly, but with the intensity and conviction of two women knowing that there are titles on the line. Having said all that, for a 30 minute match, I can totally understand people getting lost in the match because there's not much of a story being told and 30 minutes of that can be easy to lose you. It's definitely a bit of a bias that I really like both wrestlers and can watch them wrestling and not need more.

They did have some cool spots here and there, they had an amazing count out tease when Giulia hit a piledriver modification on the ramp, but Giulia wasn't exactly in the best form to make it back to the ring either, and so they raced back to the count at 19.

Post-match - Syuri and Giulia embraced themselves and celebrated together.

World Of Stardom Title Match
Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Momo Watanabe - 9.25/10
Another great match. Action packed and while not hard-hitting, it was all high impact moves and counters to them. Almost from the get go, this became a race to land as many suplexes as possible and chase the finisher. At one point Hayashishita went for the Crucifix Bomb, only for Momo to reverse it into a weird Poisonrana-like takedown. Later on, Momo spammed the Peach Sunrise, but not even that was enough to keep down Hayashishita, who came back and hit the Crucifix Bomb for the win.

This is Hayashishita's second big main event, one with Iwatani and this with Momo, arguably the two best women in the promotion (if not the world for many). It's easy to believe that these are top level matches, Hayashishita is no joke, but her real test starts soon as she will start to get challenges by different members of the roster that are not necessarily at the level of an Iwatani or Momo.

Post-match - Hayashishita cut her winners promo, she put over Momo, she said that she wanted to defend the title at the STARDOM Anniversary show in January, and before anyone could jump in, Maika (who had just lost her title because of Kamitami fault) made the challenge. Hayashishita and Maika are 1-1-1, and so this will be the big tie breaker between them.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Great show from STARDOM, not their year closer, but surely it's bigger than the Year End Climax card scheduled 6 days later. Top to bottom, this show had good matches with the one exception of Oedo Tai vs Riho/Ruaka match.