Cero Reviews ACW 3rd Queen of Queens Tournament

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews ACW 3rd Queen of Queens Tournament

Post by cero2k » Jul 8th, '12, 16:05

ACW 3rd Queen of Queens American Joshi Tournament
June 26, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Challenger presentations - Deeb gets a huge ovation, and Fox straight up gets in her face as soon as she hits the ring. Portia gets roudy but it doesn't go anywhere other than taking out Lillie Mae.

First Round Match
Mia Yim vs Portia Perez w/Super Electro - 6/10
Mia is doing her ACW debut. Watching Mia fight is like watching the female version of Davey Richards, almost same type of hard hitting action. Portia is great, even wrestling in jeans and chuck taylors. Portia makes Mia tap way to fast, this could have gone a bit longer.

First Round Match
Rachel Summerlyn vs Christina Von Eerie - 7/10
CVE is doing her ACW debut. Match starts with a little friendly action, then slowly makes a more technical match, the just like that it becomes a brawl, and we know Rachel and CVE can Brawl!. I only have just noticed that it must be uncomfortable to fight CVE while trying to not mess up her hair. CVE challenging Rachel to a sit down face-off was awkward at first, but then it also made them look a bit more though.

First Round Match
Athena vs Angel Blue - 6/10
Lillie Mae got her nose broken and thus can't compete. Angel Blue returns to replace Lillie, so this match just got soo much better. I love Angel Blue, she's a great cocky heel!! Even if Athena almost botched it, the headstand leg-scissors move looked awesome! The finish was really anti-climatic, the match still had some minutes there IMO.

First Round Match
Amanda Fox vs Serena Deeb - 9/10
There's a reason Amanda Fox's nickname is "Serena Deeb's Worst Nightmare". Serena comes out to a version of CM Punk's SES music. I didn't see Fox spitting in Deeb's face coming, shit got real! Best initial lock up ever!! I love that several spots look like they happen because Serena's experience gets over Fox's rookie-ness. Those Fox head kicks...FUCK, they look stiff! There was point where you would think the match is about to end, then the match went on and on and on!! a lot of near falls, great near falls. A roll up for the win gets soo much heat for Fox and continues the Deeb vs Fox feud!!

Serena's Post Match Promo - AWESOME!! That look in her face at the end just sold any other DVD where Serena appears!

Daffney Segment - Daffney comes out to call out JT LaMotta for attacking the Joshis...she introduces the joshi that will take out LaMotta. So this brings us to...

JT LaMotta vs Lady Poison - 6/10
I originally thought this was gonna be a segment to get an upper hand over LaMotta, but it turned out to be a pretty decent match that went a lot longer than what i would have expected. I had previously seen a Jessica James match, but this was my first Lady Poison match, I personally like the change and this character, i'm not the biggest fan of dark gimmicks, but this one i could get behind. This was also the first time i saw LaMotta fight, he's not the best world champ, but he's pretty decent, looked real fighting a woman. My only problem here is Lady Poison's kiss finisher, there is nothing happening there other the exchange of fluids, poison and all, this move should be like Poison Mist or something that gets followed by a knockout hit.

Semifinal Match
Portia Perez w/Super Electro vs Rachel Summerlyn - 8/10
Portia is back on her ring attire. Rachel and Portia have a past feud, so this is one of those matches where the competitors know each other soo much. This match was so methodical that one could think it wasn't as good coming after Deeb vs Fox, the match still later got more physical when Portia started to her heel stuff. The match was mostly hard hitting, but slow. One of the most amazing things of this match was watching Portia Perez super kick Rachel Summerlyn, the size difference is a lot! Eventually Portia tries to go for the wrench but Super Electro stops her!! ROBERT EVANS!!! SUPER ELECTRO UNMASKS HIMSELF To REVEAL ROBERT EVANS!! Evans takes revenge on Perez for breaking his arm!!

First Round Match
Athena vs Amanda Fox - 7/10
I love Athena coming out to Santigold music!! Fox starts the match out early, trying to get a quick submission out of Athena. Athena keeps working the arm that Serena damaged in the 1st round. You can tell that Fox is slight slower than her previous match. That Gymnastic's Back Kick was sick!! DDT To the Leg...do those even exist? Like the other semifinal match, this was considerably slower than the opening rounds, completely understandable if you ask me, but the match itself was also good.

Anarchy Heavyweight Championship Match
Darin Childs w/ Angel Blue vs Davey Vega(c) w/The Suicide Squad - 5/10
Bad for a title defense. Match was waay to short, but it seemed like Childs injured his shoulder, so that could be an indication of why. That botch by the ref was awkward, maybe he wasn't expecting to stop the match just yet.

Amanda Fox - not that good. But bragging about winning with the Okana Roll was cocky and great

The Takeover (Jaykus Plisken/James Claxton/Draven/Franco D'Angelo) w/ Miss Maulie vs The DGAF Army (ACH/Masada/Scot Summers) w/ Stan Summers - 7/10
Jaykus is a Batista like guy that can chain wrestle like a technical pro. I honestly never saw the point of having Claxton and Summers co-punch the ref. This match had some good tag wrestling by The Takeover, only problem is that 80% of the match was to build the final Masada hot tag, and they screwed it up, he came in with almost no momentum at all, and then eventually won the match after the climax had already died. I initially thought we would get a lot more violent match considering the guys involved. ACH, Summers, and Plisken were particularly good in this match.

Portia Perez Promo - Awesome!!

Queen of Queens Final
Athena vs Rachel Summerlyn - 7/10
No love by either, but Athena still tried to offer a hand shake. At this point, Athena and Rachel have already feuded in the past, it wasn't long since the Ten Thousand Thumbtacks match they had. By this match, you can tell the women involved are already tired for the night, the match is slow, but they trade speed for power moves that allow them to take a bit more time between move and move. There was a lot of action outside the ring, but some of it should have taken place inside the ring, it wasn't doing any difference to do it outside where not a lot of people can see it, plus the ring drop sound would have made some moves look more impact-full. I didn't know submission wins were allowed outside the ring, if I had known that, i would have popped more for the finish, but again, having the finish happen outside the ring with almost no visibility kills the momentum of Summerlyn winning. It's even awkward to jump up and celebrate while you're outside the ring.

Summerlyn post match promo - nice, heartfelt, but not that of a champion in my opinion.
Summerlyn/Summers Segment - She tells Summers she wants the TV title. It kick starts the Summers/Summerlyn feud.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
The Show was good, every match in the tournament was a good match, while the stuff with the guys was decent at most. I bought this show for Serena vs Fox, and it delivered, I got my money's worth. ACW is a young promotion with not a lot of funding, but it already has so much talent in their roster. Look for Athena, Summerlyn, ACH, Davey Vega, and some others to be headlining shows over the country soon.

RedSon

Re: Cero Reviews ACW 3rd Queen of Queens Tournament

Post by RedSon » Jul 10th, '12, 15:59

sounds like a good show
The Man That Gravity Forgot!