BRM Reviews NJPW Destruction in Fukushima 2017 (very bad)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews NJPW Destruction in Fukushima 2017 (very bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 19th, '17, 13:01

NJPW Destruction in Fukushima 2017 (9/10/2017)- Fukushima, Japan

YUJI NAGATA & HIRAI KAWATO vs. MANABU NAKANISHI & SHOTA UMINO- 4.5/10

KATSUYA KITAMURA & TOMOYUKI OKA vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)- 4.5/10

CHAOS (Trent Beretta & Jado) vs. BULLET CLUB (Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)- 4/10

DAVID FINLAY JR. & JUICE ROBINSON vs. BULLET CLUB (Leo Tonga & Bad Luck Fale)- 3/10

HIROSHI TANAHASHI, KUSHIDA, TOGI MAKABE, RYUSUKE TAGUCHI, & RICOCHET vs. SUZUKI-GUN (El Desperado, TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Takashi Iizuka)- 6.25/10

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: War Machine(c) vs. The Guerrillas of Destiny vs. K.E.S.- 6.5/10
A fun three-way match, especially because the Guerrillas stayed out of the way and let the hosses fight.

CHAOS (Will Ospreay & Tomohiro Ishii) vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi)- 7.25/10
I really wish they would drop the cat crap from this Ospreay vs. Hiromu program.

NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX-MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Los Ingobernables De Japon(c) vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, Rocky Romero, & Kazuchika Okada) (w/Gedo)- 6.75/10
This time it’s the babyfaces jumping the heels. That’s not right. This was a great match except for when it was interrupted for Stupid Yano Tricks.

LUMBERJACK DEATHMATCH FOR THE NEVER OPENWEIGHT TITLE: Minoru Suzuki(c) Michael Elgin- DUD!
Annoying, frustrating, overbooked bullsh*t. New Japan is a very good wrestling product- especially when it comes to in-ring action, but (aside from K.E.S.) Suzuki-Gun feel like an exception to that. They’re Russo-booked TNA that has somehow inserted itself in the middle of Mid-90’s All Japan. Suzuki keeping the title was completely baffling, considering that he is going to be losing to Cody Rhodes in two weeks in ROH, which just makes me think we’re going to get more of the same in that match.

This was an extremely disappointing show, and probably the worst major show I've ever seen from New Japan. The undercard was more bland than most in New Japan (which is a feat in and of itself), and nothing at the top of the card felt like it lived up to its potential, culminating in the atrocious main event which caused the crowd to finally just give up. I hope Gedo learns a lesson from this and cuts back on the all of the overbooking and bad refereeing and returns to a more grounded wrestling product.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3