BRM Reviews wXw Shotgun 2020, Episode 10 (airdate unknown)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw Shotgun 2020, Episode 10 (airdate unknown)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '20, 19:07

MARIUS AL-ANI vs. “THE AVALANCHE” ROBERT DREISSKER- 5.75/10
The storytelling here was very good (Avalanche used his size while Marius went after Avalanche’s injured ankle), but once again, I was disappointed to see a match that has been built up pretty much for the entire run of this show get so little time.

KILLER KELLY & ALEXANDER JAMES HAVE A SKYPE CALL- excellent
The thing that makes wXw so great is that we have real, human characters. They say a great wrestling character is yourself with the volume turned up to eleven, but I think that wXw proves that it’s even better to be yourself with the volume turned up to 10.5.

BOBBY GUNNS VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- great!

LEVANIEL & AMALE HAVE A SKYPE CALL- fun
Levaniel has to admit his failure to Amele and she’s not having any of his BS the way he tries to spin it.

NORMAN HARRAS PROPOSES AN ALLIANCE BETWEEN DIE RAUCHERPAUSE AND EZEL- He invites Abdul and Aytac to the café to talk about it, though they tell him that they don’t make any decisions without Metehan. I am curious to see what form this deal winds up taking.

This was a decent cap to the season, but having this whole thing go by without one really great match was a disappointment. That being said, it did its job of playing out some stories and giving fans like me a small dose of the wXw we love and are currently missing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3