BRM Reviews the 12/11/2019 NXT (awesome!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/11/2019 NXT (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 11th, '19, 21:30

NXT CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Lio Rush(c) vs. Angel Garza- 8.75/10
Well… that’s quite the way to start off a show. This was a fantastic athletic match that never once forgot the animosity that has been built up between these two over the course of the past month or so.

SHAYNA BASZLER VIDEO PACKAGE- FANTASTIC!

FINN BALOR VIDEO PACKAGE- AWESOME!

ANGEL GARZA PROMO- This was taped during the break. He cut a total babyface promo and then proposed to his girlfriend. Good for him, but if he’s supposed to be a heel then this absolutely shouldn’t have aired.

CAMERON GRIMES vs. RAUL MENDOZA- no rating, meh segment
Before the match they showed us some footage of Cameron Grimes jumping KUSHIDA at the Performance Center last night. Grimes and Mendoza had a quick match with a lot of action. KUSHIDA came out to distract Grimes, allowing Mendoza to get the win via roll-up. KUSHIDA then stole Grimes’ hat.

CATHY KELLEY INTERVIEWS MIA YIM- good
Mia described how she will reek vengeance upon Dakota Kai tonight.

TRAVIS BANKS VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

TRAVIS BANKS vs. JAXSON RYKER (w/the Forgotten Sons)- 4.5/10
A huge win for Banks in his debut. This was the first time Ryker had been pinned without a roll-up, and I believe just his second time being pinned all together.

DAKOTA KAI vs. MIA YIM- 6.5/10
It was nice that Dakota actually got to win after her heel turn. Unfortunately, while the match was good, the execution on the finish wasn’t quite there, as it looked more like Mia hit the exposed turnbuckle with her collarbone than with her forehead as we were told.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Mia went after Dakota, resulting in a brawl through the technical equipment and ending in a big bump for both women when Mia hit a German Suplex off a ledge through some tables. Mia was able to stand under her own power. The sh*tty fans chanted “ONE MORE TIME!” because apparently a big bump that ended the segment perfectly wasn’t enough for them. The camera caught Mia responding to this by muttering “y’all are crazy.”

KEITH LEE VIDEO PACKAGE- GREAT!

TYLER BREEZE & FANDANGO vs. THE SINGH BROTHERS- 4.5/10
Another match that was short but great for the time it got. Breezango pick up the win.

RHEA RIPLEY VIDEO PACKAGE- HATED IT!
Rhea’s whole appeal is that she’s this tough badass and instead of focusing on that they made her every babyface ever who just wanted to be a WWE Superstar™ more than anything and really hopes she wins.

BIANCA BELAIR vs. KAYDEN CARTER- 4.25/10

TOMMASO CIAMPA VIDEO PACKAGE- AWESOME!

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Finn Balor vs. Keith Lee vs. Tommaso Ciampa- 8.5/10
Lots of big crazy three-way stuff, including a heck of a finish. I’m not going to spoil it for you because you really should make sure to watch both this and the opener.

An awesome episode of NXT. Yes, this was mostly on the strength of the opener and the main event, but most of the other matches were good for the time they got and that Shayna Baszler video package was exceptional.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/11/2019 NXT (awesome!)

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '19, 08:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 21:30 CAMERON GRIMES vs. RAUL MENDOZA- no rating, meh segment
Before the match they showed us some footage of Cameron Grimes jumping KUSHIDA at the Performance Center last night. Grimes and Mendoza had a quick match with a lot of action. KUSHIDA came out to distract Grimes, allowing Mendoza to get the win via roll-up. KUSHIDA then stole Grimes’ hat.
MENDOZA WON! It got completely overshadowed by a hat, but Raul Mendoza just won a f*cking match and it's a travesty that the babyface locker room did not come down to the ring and hoist him up on their shoulders like when Bret Hart beat Ric Flair.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '19, 09:24

Bob-O wrote: Dec 12th, '19, 08:53
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 21:30 CAMERON GRIMES vs. RAUL MENDOZA- no rating, meh segment
MENDOZA WON! It got completely overshadowed by a hat, but Raul Mendoza just won a f*cking match and it's a travesty that the babyface locker room did not come down to the ring and hoist him up on their shoulders like when Bret Hart beat Ric Flair.
He wins often enough. It just happens in 205 Live so all of you bad fans don't see it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '19, 14:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '19, 09:24 He wins often enough. It just happens in 205 Live so all of you bad fans don't see it.
I'm a horrible fan! Haha! I'd be the first to admit that. I barely watch anything anymore and am talking out my ass most of the time. Not literally, but you know what I mean.

Cagematch says Raul's winning percentage is 47.5 (29 wins)for 61 matches in 2019. That's better than Ziggler who's 10 for 61... yikes...

I owe Raul Mendoza an apology. I'm sorry Raul. Not as sorry as I am that Grime's hat stole your moment, but I do regret thinking you were having a moment during what is apparently a "coin flip" year for you.