BRM Reviews the 6/5/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/5/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 1st, '13, 10:42

BO DALLAS & BIG E. LANGSTON CONTRACT SIGNING- uch… At least they kept it short.
Bo’s promo was horribly scripted, and his delivery was horribly flat. Who the hell actually starts a promo by saying “I don’t appreciate how you confronted me after the battle royale last week.” With a better delivery and some more natural dialogue, this could have been an amazing promo… but it wasn’t.
Big E’s promo had the opposite problems. His delivery was great and it felt a lot more natural, but it just dragged on a bit too long and the stereotypical “you a geek who lives in his mother’s basement” stuff was both out of place and lame.

COREY GRAVES PROMO- good

NXT DIVAS’ TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Tamina Snuka vs. Paige- 5/10
Very good for a women’s match in WWE. I wish they had given these two even more time.
Tony Dawson said that Tamina said she feels she deserves this title as her birthright because she feels that it is time for a Snuka to be a champion in WWE again. Ummm… no kayfabe-acknowledged Snukas have ever held titles in WWE, so I’m not sure what “again” means. Dawnson also brought up the fact that Tamina is a “seasoned veteran” and a “main roster Diva”… which begs the question: why is she in a tournament for the NXT Divas Title?

KASSIUS OHNO PROMO- decent.

MASON RYAN vs. COLIN CASSIDY- not a pointless squash (because the guy Ryan beat was also huge), but definitely not one that needed to be on TV this week. They should have given this time to the Divas match or to O’Brian vs. Riley or to the main event.

SAMI ZAYN & ANTONIO CESARO BACKSTAGE- good

CONOR O’BRIAN vs. ALEX RILEY- 3.5/10
Both guys looked good, but the match was very short.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Wyatt Family(c) (Eric Rowan & Luke Harper) (w/Bray Wyatt) vs. Kassius Ohno & Corey Graves- 6.75/10
Great contest of power vs. speed and a finish that sets up for a rematch down the line (which gives Ohno and Graves time to develop more chemistry as a tag team).

Decent show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3