BRM Reviews the 6/12/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/12/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '13, 16:38

SAMI SAYN vs. ANTONIO CESARO- 6.75/10
A great opener with some great spots. Cesaro was frickin' vicious here and Zayn just kept kicking out, no matter how hard he got uppercutted in the face.
WWE needs to call Sami Zayn up to the main roster immediately. He hasn't even been on NXT for a month and he is already over like a masked luchador at Tijuana orphanage.

BARON CORBIN & TRAVIS TYLER vs. SCOTT DAWSON & GARRETT DYLAN (w/Sylvester Lefort)- squash
For those who are wondering, Baron Corbin is former Arizona Cardinal Tom Pestock, not redheaded indy worker Darrin Corbin

NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Bailey vs. Alicia Fox- no rating.
Alicia Fox is a former WWE Divas Champion. Why the hell is she in this tournament? Anyway, this was pretty much a squash, but Bailey got to get her character over a bit, too.

NXT TITLE MATCH: Big E. Langston(c) vs. Bo Dallas- 5.5/10
Way too short for someone like Big E. to lose. The finish was lame, and Bo's lack of charisma showed through.

An okay episode of NXT with a disappointing main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/12/2013 NXT

Post by cero2k » Jul 16th, '13, 16:55

Big Red Machine wrote:
BARON CORBIN & TRAVIS TYLER vs. SCOTT DAWSON & GARRETT DYLAN (w/Sylvester Lefort)- squash
For those who are wondering, Baron Corbin is former Arizona Cardinal Tom Pestock, not redheaded indy worker Darrin Corbin
What did you think of Sylvester Lefort? I've seen him like 3 times now, i'm really liking his gimmick for some reason. I think he looks a bit off with Dawson and Dylan, but he looks like he could be a great manager later on

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/12/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '13, 17:12

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
What did you think of Sylvester Lefort? I've seen him like 3 times now, i'm really liking his gimmick for some reason. I think he looks a bit off with Dawson and Dylan, but he looks like he could be a great manager later on
I like him. He definitely has potential. I don't see him making it big with those two, but I see him making it big with whatever team he turns on them to be with.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3