BRM Reviews the 11/28/2018 NXT

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/28/2018 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 2nd, '18, 16:12

Maybe the Viscera monster heel ecw repackaging?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 2nd, '18, 16:25

The Usos.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 2nd, '18, 16:41

Kane and Big show weren't a bad thing a long time ago. Idk if that counts though. They'd been stars long before they became a team in '05.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '18, 17:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 16:25 The Usos.
True. I'll give you the usos

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 2nd, '18, 17:22

This.

I'll throw New Day and The Bludgeon Brothers in there. I know New Day is technically a stable, but I think it applies.

I don't think teams like Kane and anyone, or even ones like The Bar count. These are the kinds of teams that hold the traditional teams back. Guys that are, and likely always will be, defined by their singles work with little to no repackaging.

Rob Van Dam tells a great story about teaming up with Kane... something along the lines of:
"I looked at the card and saw Kane and I were teaming, and said 'cool' I like Kane, that'll be fun! Then the next night, I saw they had us teaming again and said "Oh ok, we must be a tag team now!"

Killer Elite Squad feels like this, too. They're good, Dozer, not the goofs you remember - but I can't get past one being a clean-cut fighter and the other being a biker. But when I first saw them again a few months ago, I was shocked WWE hadn't brought them back yet... except I think Hoyt burnt his bridge... I don't remember what happened, but I feel like his exit from the company wasn't a smooth one...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 2nd, '18, 17:40

I guess Hoyt was on SD? I know he did ECW and Superstars stuff, but I don't really remember him ever doing much main roster stuff.

That was the heavy constant smokin' years though....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 2nd, '18, 18:03

Bob-O wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 17:22
This.

I'll throw New Day and The Bludgeon Brothers in there. I know New Day is technically a stable, but I think it applies.

I don't think teams like Kane and anyone, or even ones like The Bar count. These are the kinds of teams that hold the traditional teams back. Guys that are, and likely always will be, defined by their singles work with little to no repackaging.

Rob Van Dam tells a great story about teaming up with Kane... something along the lines of:
"I looked at the card and saw Kane and I were teaming, and said 'cool' I like Kane, that'll be fun! Then the next night, I saw they had us teaming again and said "Oh ok, we must be a tag team now!"

Killer Elite Squad feels like this, too. They're good, Dozer, not the goofs you remember - but I can't get past one being a clean-cut fighter and the other being a biker. But when I first saw them again a few months ago, I was shocked WWE hadn't brought them back yet... except I think Hoyt burnt his bridge... I don't remember what happened, but I feel like his exit from the company wasn't a smooth one...
I don't think your characterization of Sheamus & Cesaro is fair. They've been a team for two straight years now. They're an official team. And K.E.S. have been teaming for even longer. Just because he's not bearded doesn't mean that Davey Boy Smith Jr. can't like bikes, too.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 2nd, '18, 19:26

The new day are the literally the blueprint of "comedy goofs" btw. But also, seemingly one of the only teams they actually really care about. Dang that Rowan for getting injured!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 3rd, '18, 05:03

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 19:26 The new day are the literally the blueprint of "comedy goofs" btw. But also, seemingly one of the only teams they actually really care about. Dang that Rowan for getting injured!
Comedy Goofs that get it done, though. I see The New Day on more of an "Edge and Christian" level and less a "Santino and Kozlov" level...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 3rd, '18, 07:53

Bob-O wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 05:03
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 19:26 The new day are the literally the blueprint of "comedy goofs" btw. But also, seemingly one of the only teams they actually really care about. Dang that Rowan for getting injured!
Comedy Goofs that get it done, though. I see The New Day on more of an "Edge and Christian" level and less a "Santino and Kozlov" level...
Yes, but their main role on the show is to be comedy goofs. E&C's was to be tag team wrestlers. New Day's considerable in-ring talents unfortunately have very little to do with why WWE is pushing them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 3rd, '18, 08:20

don't you guys forget that New Day got over despite WWE, their first gimmick failed and it was until they started overplaying their gimmick backstage that fans liked the goofiness. If New Day was one of those were WWE just decide to force it down people's throats, we'd have a really different scenario going on

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 3rd, '18, 08:26

cero2k wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 08:20 don't you guys forget that New Day got over despite WWE, their first gimmick failed and it was until they started overplaying their gimmick backstage that fans liked the goofiness. If New Day was one of those were WWE just decide to force it down people's throats, we'd have a really different scenario going on
That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that New Day are currently comedy goofs. It's the fickleness of wrestling fans that is the only thing that didn't result in resentment towards New Day for their own cheating and general douchebaggery like we saw with Roman in 2015-2017 where every time WWE tried to make him look cool, it backfired because he came across like a douchebag. The fact that the fans are willing to go along with New Day's goofy horsesh*t does not change the fact that it is goofy horsesh*t.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 3rd, '18, 09:47

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 08:26
cero2k wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 08:20 don't you guys forget that New Day got over despite WWE, their first gimmick failed and it was until they started overplaying their gimmick backstage that fans liked the goofiness. If New Day was one of those were WWE just decide to force it down people's throats, we'd have a really different scenario going on
That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that New Day are currently comedy goofs. It's the fickleness of wrestling fans that is the only thing that didn't result in resentment towards New Day for their own cheating and general douchebaggery like we saw with Roman in 2015-2017 where every time WWE tried to make him look cool, it backfired because he came across like a douchebag. The fact that the fans are willing to go along with New Day's goofy horsesh*t does not change the fact that it is goofy horsesh*t.
Woah, Brm Ambrose, -Reigns is gone-leave him out of this. Lol, The new day are just idk...absolutely absurd. I legitimately saw a thing on the WWE FB page (it really gives a HELL of an idea about the general overall thought and reaction to the product...) About an E Q/A..."What question would you ask?"

Someone legitimately said..."When will you be on Tuesday exactly so I can change it?"

Idk lol, I've had one sip of coffee. Not the time for this yet. More later. Definitely.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 3rd, '18, 09:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 3rd, '18, 08:26
Woah, Brm Ambrose, -Reigns is gone-leave him out of this. Lol, The new day are just idk...absolutely absurd. I legitimately saw a thing on the WWE FB page (it really gives a HELL of an idea about the general overall thought and reaction to the product...) About an E Q/A..."What question would you ask?"

Someone legitimately said..."When will you be on Tuesday exactly so I can change it?"

Idk lol, I've had one sip of coffee. Not the time for this yet. More later. Definitely.