BRM Reviews the 3/6/2019 NXT (DRTTC Awesomeness)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/6/2019 NXT (DRTTC Awesomeness)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '19, 20:53

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC HYPE VIDEO- GREAT!

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC QUARTERFINAL MATCH: The European Union (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet- 7/10
A very action-packed opener. A great tone-setting for the tournament.

WAR RAIDERS & MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN HAVE A STARE-DOWN BACKSTAGE- this didn’t feel important at all.

DIJAKOVIC WANTS TO FIGHT KEITH LEE AT THE PERFORMANCE CENTER- fine, I guess, but if you’re going to show guys at the performance center, have there be some sort of class in session rather than guys just trying moves on each other. Also, Drew Gulak being in a Smackdown shirt bugged me. Lee and Dijakovic will have a rematch in two weeks.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs. Forgotten Sons (w/Jaxson Ryker)- 7/10
More fast-paced hard-hitting tag team action.

THE VELVETEEN DREAM’S PROMO IS INTERRUPTED BY MATT RIDDLE- meh
Riddle wants TVD’s North American Title. Riddle’s lines all felt painfully scripted. They weren’t terrible lines in and of themselves, but they didn’t feel authentic at all coming from Matt Riddle.

SKY PIRATES PROMO ON BIANCA BELAIR- good build for next week’s #1 contendership match between Bianca and Io.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Moustache Mountain vs. Street Profits- 7.25/10
You can basically copy and paste my previous comments.

DUSTY RHODES TAG TEAM CLASSIC QUARTERFINAL MATCH: DIY vs. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)- 8.5/10
Everything I’ve said about all of the other matches, but even more so. War Raiders came out onto the ramp to have a stare-down with the winners.

This was an AWESOME episode of NXT, with a tight focus on the tournament and excellent in-ring action in said tournament, while still building up non-tournament matches for future weeks. To be fair, this episode had an advantage over others as it ran an extra fifteen minutes, but that’s the sort of thing you can do with your own streaming service if you need to. Cramming all of the opening round matches into one week definitely makes this year’s DRTTC feel a little rushed and less important (the smaller field adds to that as well), but the fact that they kept the in-ring quality so high makes me a lot less inclined to complain about such things.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/6/2019 NXT (DRTTC Awesomeness)

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 7th, '19, 23:42

Street Profits are out-Two random silly black dudes-never seen that before. So are Burch and Lorcan-Just two bald white dudes-great idea. Plus UE are also out...who I'm just tired of hearing the same old song and dance from. I'm pretty satisfied here so far.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 00:21

I’m hoping for at least a finals spot for Moustache Mountain. They keep being this nearly team built out of “nearly Men” lately.

MM nearly win the UK Tag Belts
Tyler nearly wins the World’s Collide Tournament

I’d hate for them to just nearly win the DRTTC.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '19, 00:36

XIV wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 00:21 I’m hoping for at least a finals spot for Moustache Mountain. They keep being this nearly team built out of “nearly Men” lately.

Really? I'd love it. That sounds like a story you can tell all year round where he comes so close to winning every tournament he's in and then finally wins one at the end of the year to set him up as #1 contender to the UK Title or something like that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 00:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 00:36
XIV wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 00:21 I’m hoping for at least a finals spot for Moustache Mountain. They keep being this nearly team built out of “nearly Men” lately.

Really? I'd love it. That sounds like a story you can tell all year round where he comes so close to winning every tournament he's in and then finally wins one at the end of the year to set him up as #1 contender to the UK Title or something like that.
I wouldn’t want Tyler as the next UK Champion. He had it first and Dunne has had it for a very long time since. But at the same time, I’m not sure who is good enough to hold it. (Maybe Walter)

I want Moustache Mountain to push as a team and have one turn on the other eventually leading to the classic student / master angle (although they’ve been wrestling about as long as each other!)

Maybe the nearly men angle would help push that. But the fan boy in me likes MM. and I want them to have the titles.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '19, 01:17

XIV wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 00:49

I wouldn’t want Tyler as the next UK Champion. He had it first and Dunne has had it for a very long time since. But at the same time, I’m not sure who is good enough to hold it. (Maybe Walter)

I want Moustache Mountain to push as a team and have one turn on the other eventually leading to the classic student / master angle (although they’ve been wrestling about as long as each other!)

Maybe the nearly men angle would help push that. But the fan boy in me likes MM. and I want them to have the titles.
I agree that putting the UK Title back on Bate isn't the best idea. It was just the first title that popped into my mind.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 01:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 01:17
XIV wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 00:49

I agree that putting the UK Title back on Bate isn't the best idea. It was just the first title that popped into my mind.
I think Bate’s next step is to get a push to NXT and the North American Championship. He’s so young and so talented and decent on the mic with the look. It’s just his height that works against him for main roster purposes, but for NXT, that’s where I see him going in the next two years.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '19, 07:14

i just realized this is already the 4th DRC

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 12:10

cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 07:14 i just realized this is already the 4th DRC
Long may it reign.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 8th, '19, 12:38

Forgotten Sons or Ciampa and Gargano to win.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 00:50

I know I'm not the only one that caught the Montez Ford...shouting "AWHHHHH!!! AYAAAWWWHHH!!!!", out in the middle of the ring, then the crowd actually mimicked it perfectly spot-on?

Maaaaannnn lol. Just idiots. When it comes to "things getting over."