BRM Reviews the 3/26/2019 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/26/2019 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 27th, '19, 23:52

DREW GULAK, JACK GALLAGHER, & HUMBERTO CARRILLO vs. LUCHA HOUSE PARTY- 7/10
Picking up the piñata just to hold it while doing a spot was extremely stupid. Other than that, though, the match was great. It was babyface vs. babyface whenever Carrillo was in but babyface vs. heel whenever Gulak or Gallagher got involved. The important part was the finish, which saw Carrillo go to the top rope of his moonsault but Gulak yelled at him to come down and their arguing cost him the match. I was really hoping that they would wait a bit before doing this.

KAYLA BRAXTON INTERVIEWS MIKE & MARIA- good
They brag about Mike’s win over Tozawa. Drake Maverick shows up and criticizes them for Maria helping Mike by causing a distraction so he books a rematch for next week with Maria barred from ringside.

BUDDY MURPHY PROMO FORM THE WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER- meh
He starts to cut a promo on Tony Nese, but it turns out Nese is at the Performance Center, too, and he attacks Murphy. Their brawl was quickly broken up by some random passers-by, including ACH.

CEDRIC ALEXANDER vs. ARIYA DAIVARI- 7.5/10
Oney Lorcan came down to ringside to match the match. Cedric accidentally knocked Oney’s jacket off of the announcers’ desk while pulling himself up, which got Oney irrationally angry. Oney yelled at him a whole bunch, which distracted him, allowing Daivari to roll him up for the pin. Lorcan attacked Cedric after the match, necessitating agents and referees coming out to separate them. I believe this marked the WWE TV debut of Sonjay Dutt.
I don’t like this Oney Lorcan thing at all. He feels like a completely different person from the guy we knew in NXT. The phrase “off his meds” came to mind for me, and it’s really the only kayfabe explanation for this discrepancy in behavior that I can come up with (or at least the only one that doesn’t involve Oney having an evil twin who is equally adept at fighting).

A decent episode of 205 Live. The in-ring action was still great, but not up to the usual levels, and the rest of this was either okay or well-executed but still directionally worrying or disappointing. Hopefully this dip in quality turns out to just be an anomaly.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3