BRM Reviews the 3/27/2019 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/27/2019 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 28th, '19, 19:23

DAN MOLONEY vs. JORDAN DEVLIN- 5.75/10

KASSIUS OHNO PROMO- awesome

DAVE MASTIFF VIDEO PACKAGE- good

JINNY VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO FROM INDIA- awesome
I hate that it has come to this, but I was relieved and amazed to simply hear someone utter the phrase “I’m a way better wrestler than {my rival}.” Such a phrase was Jinny’s mental justification for why WWE sent her to represent NXT UK during tryouts in India rather than NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Storm.

RHEA RIPLEY vs. XIA BROOKSIDE- 6.75/10
This match started off with some of the meanest chain wrestling I’ve ever seen. I loved it! These was a very good babyface vs. heel match and I want to see these two get a lot more time.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Ripley rants and raves about being “the most dominant woman in NXT UK.” Then Piper Niven came out and told her “not anymore.”

ISLA DAWN IS ASKED ABOUT PIPER NIVEN’S DEBUT- meh
Isla was unidentifiable as she in no way looked like a witch. She was dressed like a completely normal person. If you’re on TV you’d better be in gimmick!
She says she’s happy to see another Scottish woman on the roster. This made her seem really lame and “rah-rah go us” about something that I’m betting most fans don’t care about. Her fellow Scotswoman, Kay Lee Ray, showed up and told her as much.

WALTER VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

RADZIE INTERVIEWS TRENT SEVEN- meh
He responded to Joe Coffey calling him out. He was too soft-spoken and completely uninteresting.

MARCEL BARTHEL & FABIAN AICHNER ARE ANGRY ABOUT AMIR JORDAN & KENNY WILLIAMS BEING STUPID GOOFBALLS- Excellent babyface fire from Barthel & Aichner. And yes, they are the babyfaces to me, because those other two guys ARE giant goofballs. Barthel closed the promo by saying that to them “the mat is sacred.” That’s a cool catchphrase. I wonder where he came up that.

NOAM DAR vs. MARK ANDREWS- 7.5/10
The match was getting pretty great but then had to be stopped due to injury and both men went off on stretchers. I’m almost certain this is a work.

Trent Seven vs. Joe Coffey and Isla Dawn vs. Kay Lee Ray have been announced for next week.

NXT UK TITLE MATCH CONTRACT SIGNING- very good

A good episode of NXT UK, I guess. They seem to be flailing a bit without a TakeOver show in sight. Either that or stalling out clear TakeOver matches like Toni Storm vs. Jinny.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/27/2019 NXT UK

Post by XIV » Mar 28th, '19, 21:14

See, I would disagree on the Trent Seven interview, it (for us Brits) was what we call "Implicity threatening". Which is threatening someone in a calm manner without saying many threatening words. For me he made it clear that he's not telling you he's going to kick your ass, he's just coming to do it instead.

That promo definitely made more sense to us than it would have people from elsewhere in the world.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 28th, '19, 21:18

Oh and to quote Columbo... one more thing...

I understand WWE not giving the name Viper to anyone but Randy Orton... BUT it's also difficult to rename someone in that environment who's so known for a certain name and the fans were chanting "Viper". and Piper Niven is a horrible name.

Nope, fuck it. One last thing... It only occurred to me how stupid it is saying "WWE NXT UK Universe"... When you say it on your other programmes, it's clear you mean your fans world over... but when you have a show with a location's name in it... and follow "UK" with "Universe" it just sounds stupid.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 28th, '19, 23:40

XIV wrote: Mar 28th, '19, 21:18 Oh and to quote Columbo... one more thing...

I understand WWE not giving the name Viper to anyone but Randy Orton... BUT it's also difficult to rename someone in that environment who's so known for a certain name and the fans were chanting "Viper". and Piper Niven is a horrible name.

Piper Niven is a fine name. Also, "Viper" is a bad name for a babyface.
XIV wrote: Mar 28th, '19, 21:18 Nope, fuck it. One last thing... It only occurred to me how stupid it is saying "WWE NXT UK Universe"... When you say it on your other programmes, it's clear you mean your fans world over... but when you have a show with a location's name in it... and follow "UK" with "Universe" it just sounds stupid.
This is the same company that took quite a while to realize that "from Charlotte, North Carolina... CHARLOTTE!" sounded dumb. I put nothing past them.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 29th, '19, 03:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 28th, '19, 23:40
XIV wrote: Mar 28th, '19, 21:18 Oh and to quote Columbo... one more thing...

Piper Niven is a fine name. Also, "Viper" is a bad name for a babyface.
XIV wrote: Mar 28th, '19, 21:18 Nope, fuck it. One last thing... It only occurred to me how stupid it is saying "WWE NXT UK Universe"... When you say it on your other programmes, it's clear you mean your fans world over... but when you have a show with a location's name in it... and follow "UK" with "Universe" it just sounds stupid.
This is the same company that took quite a while to realize that "from Charlotte, North Carolina... CHARLOTTE!" sounded dumb. I put nothing past them.
I disagree with the name, but it’s down to personal tastes!!

And the Charlotte thing is very true.
Have A Nice Day!