BRM Reviews the 5/21/2019 205 Live (the worst since Hunter took over)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/21/2019 205 Live (the worst since Hunter took over)

Post by Big Red Machine » May 22nd, '19, 08:11

OPENING SEGMENT- bad
The Singh Brothers came out and cut a terrible. What happened to their charisma?
They said they were supposed to face Lucha House Party but Lars Sullivan beat them up so they want to be awarded the match by forfeit. Did they forget that Lucha House Party then attacked Lars on Raw last night and escaped without taking much punishment?
Drake Maverick came out and said the Singh Brothers were correct that Lucha House Party can’t wrestle tonight, but he doesn’t want to deprive the WWE of seeing the Singh Brothers in action, so he has booked them against Jack Gallagher and Humberto Carrillo instead. This was probably the worst thing on 205 Live since Hunter took over the show.

THE SINGH BROTHERS vs. JACK GALLAGHER & HUMBERTO CARRILLO- 5.25/10
When the Singhs were double-teaming Carrillo in the corner, Nigel put them over by saying that Gandhi would be proud of them. That had me rolling with laughter. The Singh Brothers lose again. I’m all for having lovable jobbers, but I liked the Singh Brothers as Jinder’s thoroughly unlovable lackeys much better.

MIKE & MARIA CUT A PROMO- good
They say that a win in tonight’s Fatal Five-Way main event will render Drake Maverick unable to deny Mike’s greatness, and that Tozawa and Kendrick’s friendship will be ruined by this match.

ONEY LORCAN PROMO- meh
He, too, says he is going to win the Fatal Five-Way. Vic Joseph accidentally cut in to pitch to a commercial before Lorcan was done and quickly quieted himself.

THE ANNOUNCERS TELL US THAT DREW GULAK IS MAKING CRYPTIC SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS- Okay then. I guess we’ll have to see where this goes.

SARAH SCHREIBER INTERVIEWS ARIYA DAIVARI- fine
He claims his loss to Nese at the PPV was “an absolutely fluke.” He’s angry that he has to prove himself again, but is confident in his ability to do so.

FATAL FIVE-WAY MATCH: Oney Lorcan vs. Ariya Daivari vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Mike Kanellis (w/Maria Kanellis)- 7/10
They focused a bit on Kendrick and Tozawa, but nowhere near enough to make me think the idea of a break-up that Kanellis pushed is anything more than wishful thinking on his part. Mostly this was just an action match. Tozawa got the win by rolling Daivari up after Daivari had hit his finisher on Lorcan. Daivari looked thoroughly crushed by this loss. We were shown Tony Nese watching from backstage, happy with the result.

An extremely sub-par show from 205 Live. The main event was still great, but this show felt very blah, and the opener segment was pretty bad. This is almost certainly the single worst episode since Hunter took over. Hopefully it will prove to be a mere aberration.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3