BRM Reviews the 6/11/2019 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/11/2019 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '19, 11:50

JACK GALLAGHER vs. CHAD GABLE- 6.25/10
Holy sh*t Chad Gable looks different. He got a haircut, he’s wearing tights rather than a singlet, and is ripped as hell. He looks so weird like this. Within moments of the opening bell, the commentators asked whether Gable was here to stay or whether he was merely appearing via the wildcard rule, which is exactly the question I was asking myself... and that is the way it should be. The babyface announcers are supposed to be viewpoint characters for the fans.
This was a match clearly intended to whet our appetites for a rematch, and it succeeded wonderfully. The execution on the finish was amazing, with Gallagher just barely getting counted out after taking a German suplex on the floor. This was the closest count-out you’ll ever see.

MIKE & MARIA YELL AT DRAKE MAVERICK BACKSTAGE- good
Mike & Maria are upset that Drake Maverick didn’t put Mike in tonight’s #1 contendership match even though he got a big win over Kendrick two weeks ago, and upset that he didn’t get to be the guy to face Chad Gable tonight. Drake Maverick said that this was partially due to him not wanting to reward them for their social media posts about their “status.” Maria responded by calling Drake an absentee GM and told him to “worry about your own status.” I can’t imagine anyone else replacing Drake Maverick as GM, but I like that him running around chasing the 24/7 Title is actually being brought up and criticized as something he shouldn’t be doing because his job is to run 205 Live.

NOAM DAR PROMO FROM AFTER LAST WEEK’S 205 LIVE- good
Last week’s attack by Drew Gulak has shown him 205 Live management doesn’t care about protecting its top guys, so he is going to take a few weeks off to rehab (which it’s hinted at that he doesn’t really need), and if at that point things haven’t improved, he is going to request to be transferred to NXT UK full-time instead of splitting time like he does now.

THE SINGH BROTHERS vs. DOS LOCALS- squash
Singh Brothers win. They have another match against Lucha House Party next week.

SARAH SCHREIBER INTERVIEWS TONY NESE- decent
He put over all of his various possible challengers for Stomping Ground and congratulated Drake Maverick for “finally making a decision.” Nese reads his lines well, but there is something about his voice that makes his delivery feel a little like he’s the best actor in a high school play.

FATAL 4-WAY #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Oney Lorcan vs. Humberto Carrillo- 7.5/10
Very good four-way stuff. Lorcan got taken out by a chairhsot from Ariya Daivari to continue that feud. The finish was a double small-package with Tozawa and Gulak and we went off the air with one referee siding with each guy and Maverick having a decision to make.

A decent episode of 205 Live. It was mostly set-up, but still entertaining.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/11/2019 205 Live

Post by cero2k » Jun 12th, '19, 13:21

I know you'll defend that 205 has good wrestling and stories, but I feel bad for Gable. Talk about going nowhere with his career

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/11/2019 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '19, 14:01

cero2k wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 13:21 I know you'll defend that 205 has good wrestling and stories, but I feel bad for Gable. Talk about going nowhere with his career
At the moment, this is by far the best place for him. He's a tag guy getting his first singles run. It's best to do it where Vince won't meddle so we'll really be able to see if he can make it or not.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3