BRM Reviews the 6/12/2019 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/12/2019 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 14th, '19, 00:58

JAZZY GABERT & JINNY vs. ISLA DAWN & XIA BROOKSIDE- 3/10
They had a short match. Jazzy did pretty much all the work and acceded to Jinny’s request to be tagged in so Jinny could get the pin.

EL LIGERO VIDEO PACKAGE- I’m dead sure they showed us a good chunk of this (or at least a very similar one about him wearing a mask to overcome his shyness) when they first introduced him on NXT UK last year.

KENNY WILLIAMS IS ASKED ABOUT NOAM DAR’S RECENT CONDUCT- He says Dar has always been a mentor to him, but has always been kind of a dick as well. Also, he’s wrestling Kassius Ohno next week.

JOSEPH CONNERS vs. ILJA DRAGUNOV- 4/10
They’re giving Ilja a Goldberg-esque treatment on his entrance where the camera actually starts with him backstage so you can see him slapping himself to psyche himself up. That stereotypical Russian music absolute needs to go, though. It doesn’t fit the character one bit. Ilja needs speed metal or something like that.
This was good for the slightly under five minutes it got. Ilja won, which I don’t think anyone had any doubt about. He’s getting both unbesiegbar and the Torpedo Moscow over, slowly but surely. Obviously Ilja is someone I think is a hell of a talent and I’m absolutely not suggesting that he shouldn’t have won here, but I do think it’s important to point out that this loss basically kills Conners, defining as a jobber to the stars who only gets wins so that he can maintain a minimal credibility to make him a newcomer’s second or third win rather than the jobber you beat when you debut.

TONI STORM INTERVIEW- bad
Toni came off like a goof, and the camera cutting was completely unnecessary. Just pick one shot (preferably the more natural front-on shot) and stick with it.

TRAVIS BANKS VIDEO PACKAGE- an excellent babyface journey story

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN vs. IMPERIUM (Marcel Barthel, Fabian Aichner, & WALTER)- 7.75/10
They had a very exciting six-man tag team match. The finish saw a mysterious figure stroll down the ramp. This took the referee’s attention, setting up for a very cleverly executed ref bump. The mystery man revealed himself to be Alexander Wolf, and he gave Bate a Liger Bomb. WALTER revived the referee and Barthel made the pin for the win. They non-verbally offered Wolf a spot in their group and he accepted, becoming the fourth member of I Can’t Believe It’s Not RingKampf.

A pretty good episode of NXT UK. Next week has a women’s #1 contendership battle royale as well as Kenny Williams vs. Kassius Ohno, so we’ve got that to look forward to.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3