BRM Reviews the 7/10/2019 NXT UK (boring)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/10/2019 NXT UK (boring)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '19, 21:09

We opened with a recap of last week’s attack by Imperium on Moustache Mountain, which they called “the most heinous attack in the history of NXT UK. And they’re probably right. They plugged that Trent Seven will have comments later tonight.

ILJA DRAGUNOV vs. ASHTON SMITH- 4.25/10
I know I say this every time, but Ilja’s music needs to change. It makes him look like a cartoon character. Ultra-intense Ilja Dragunov needs heavy metal, not stereotypical Russian music. They also found a TERRIBLE camera angle for their replay of Torpedo Moscow, and gave smith WAY too much offense.

RADZIE INTERVIEWS XIA BROOKSIDE- She cut a decent promo on Jinny, but she came off as horribly naïve in thinking that Alpha Female wouldn’t interfere in her match with Jinny next week (which she referred to as a “one-on-one fair match.”

NINA SAMUELS PROMO- I didn’t even recognize her because she was holding a microphone telling us to look at this big line of fans lined up. I thought she was some new backstage correspondent. She claims the fans are all there to see her. Also, they had a lot of scenes of her walking on a bar to avoid stepping in mud. This was extremely boring.

CANDY FLOSS vs. TONI STORM- 3.5/10
Another match that went a lot longer than it should have.
POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Kay Lee Ray attacked Candy Floss after the match. Toni Storm ran over to make the save, and Kay Lee Ray ran off. This was painfully generic.

EL LIGERO VIDEO PACKAGE- dull

TRENT SEVEN PROMO- f*cking awesome!

MARK ANDREWS PROMO- good
He faces Kassius Ohno next week.

THE HUNT & DAVE MASTIFF vs. GALLUS- 6.75/10
This was a very good brawl but I had a lot trouble getting into it because I just don’t care about any of these guys. And I’m not the only one, either, as the crowd was shockingly quiet for this match. Gallus won clean.

This was a very boring episode of NXT UK. It was ten minutes shorter than the average episode and STILL felt like they were trying desperately to fill time. Watch Trent Seven’s promo, but nothing else here is even close to being worth your time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3