BRM Reviews the 7/17/2019 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/17/2019 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 21st, '19, 22:40

MATT RIDDLE vs. ARTURO RUAS- 4/10
This was four excellent minutes of fake MMA. Riddle won via ref stoppage. I so badly wish this had gone another fifteen minutes.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
Killian Dane assaults Matt Riddle. This went almost as long as the match and was actually pretty boring until the big finish where he sentoned Riddle through the stage. Some fans were chanting “YOWEE WOWEE!” Those fans should be flogged.

STREET PROFTS PROMO- good
Their next feud is going to be with Undisputed Era (and specially reDRagon).

CELL PHONE FOOTAGE FROM OUTSIDE A HOUSE SHOW THIS WEEKEND OF MIA YIM ATTACKING MARINA SHAFIR IN THE PARKING LOT- the attack was good, but I don’t remember what Marina did to Mia to deserve this.

NXT BREAKOUT TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Dexter Lumis vs. Bronson Reed- 5.75/10
Dexter Lumis is creepy. Also, apparently we were supposed to cut to an interview with him but “the people in the control room were entranced” and thus didn’t do their jobs. Whatever. Reed’s thing is “Australian Strong Style.”
Lumis did a fantastic job at being creepy. The match was excellent for the six minutes it got.

TYLER BREEZE IN VARIOUS SEGMENTS BACKSTAGE- great
First he is interviewed and hints that he is going to start a faction. Then he got accosted by Forgotten Sons and had a great segment with them.

Io Shirai vs. Kacy Catanzaro has been announced for next week. I really hope Io doesn’t murder Kacy.

APOLLO CREWS vs. KUSHIDA- 7.5/10
Crews got a HUGE pop. The match was GREAT! I want more of this!

KEITH LEE INTERVIEW- good
He’s calling out Damian Priest

NXT TITLE MATCH: Adam Cole(c) vs. Toine Tucker- no rating, never happened, decent segment
Toine is the guy Gargano let hold the NXT Title belt in a video package a while ago. Cole has brought him here to make a fool of him, but Toine brought Johnny Gargano with him, and once Cole confirms to Toine that no one else form UE is here, Gargano charges out from the back to brawl with Cole. Gargano won the brawl decisively.

A very good episode of NXT, but I wish they would go back to slightly longer matches.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3