BRM Reviews the 7/23/2019 205 Live (awesome!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/23/2019 205 Live (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 25th, '19, 22:03

DRAKE MAVERICK PROMO- AWESOME!
He has had a week to reflect on his actions last week, and while he admits that as a GM his actions were totally in appropriate, “as a man, my actions were completely justified.” He announces that his match with Mike Kanellis last week will be unsanctioned so that they can “each get as much aggression out on each other as we can.”
A fantastic promo by Maverick. He was both contrite and proud at the same time, and was wonderfully in control of his emotions, but also let us know that he really was still angry under the surface, but he was also completely reasonable. I particularly loved the phrasing in that last line, which did a great job of subtly conveying that in Drake’s mind this will be a one-and-done feud.

RAUL MENDOZA VIDEO PACKAGE- good

RAUL MENDOZA & HUMBERTO CARILLO vs. LUCHA HOUSE PARTY (w/Lincé Dorado)- 7/10
The announcers told us that tonight’s show would have a 205 Live vs. NXT theme, but this match has a 205 Live guy teaming with an NXT guy. The match itself was a great action-packed tag team match that built very well. Wrestling needs some more fun, clean, babyface vs. babyface action like this.

SINGH BROTHERS PROMO- bad
They’re challenging Kendrick and Tozawa to a tag match next week and want their fake Bollywood Oscar trophies back. These guys are living cartoons and thus stick out like a sore thumb on this show.

ISAIAH SCOTT VIDEO PACKAGE- fine
I’m pretty sure this was the same thing they used on NXT a few weeks ago.

Nigel McGuinness isn’t here tonight… and they gave us a reason for it: Nigel is working with trainees at the WWE Performance Center.

CHAD GABLE VS. JACK GALLAGHER FOLLOW-UP- meh
They showed a recap, then a Tweet from Gallagher putting the match over and vowing to improve in the future. They’re still pushing this as “one of the greatest matches in the history of 205 Live, but I doubt it cracks the top 25.

ONEY LORCAN vs. A JOBBER- squash

DREW GULAK PROMO- great set up for the main event

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Drew Gulak(c) vs. Isaiah Scott- 8.5/10
See… this right here is an example of a match that was definitely better than Gable vs. Gallagher, and this wasn’t much better than the average 205 Live main event.

Yet another awesome episode of 205 Live. Everyone should be watching it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3