BRM Reviews the 8/6/29 205 Live (awesome)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/6/29 205 Live (awesome)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 8th, '19, 18:23

HUMBERTO CARRILLO vs. LINCÉ DORADO (w/Lucha House Party)- 6.75/10
The wrestlers wrestled a nice clean match, with the announcers actually being the ones to tell the story of the professional animosity between them over their beliefs about how traditionalist a luchador must be. The wrestlers did a great job of keeping it totally clean but also not making it feel friendly in any way, and both of those things combined to make the finish work. Said finish was a double count-out where Carrillo was on the apron and Dorado probably could have slid into the ring in time, but he chose to pull Carrillo off the apron and have the match be a double count-out instead of getting back into the ring himself but also allowing Carrillo to do so and keep the match going. There is nothing wrong immoral about what Lincé did… but it still managed to feel heelish. Carrillo argued a bit with the ref about whether he had managed to get back in or not, and between being so close and the match ending the way it did, we can completely understand the frustration that led Carrillo to dive onto both Lincé and the completely innocent Gran Metalik after the match.

TONY NESE PROMO- not good
He tried to tell a sort of redemption story but he failed, and went on for way too long. Also, his head looked GIGANTIC here, and extremely cylindrical, too. It was very off-putting.

ARIYA DAIVARI TRIES TO SOW DISSENSION IN LUCHA HOUSE PARTY- good
He approaches Lincé Dorado after his loss and tries to convince him to “drop the dead weight” and become the breakout star of Lucha House Party, just like Seth Rollins did when he left The Shield. Lincé responded by asking “do you really think I’m going to believe any of that crap? Then Gran Metalik showed up and shooed Daivari away. This very much felt like something that a writer wrote, but the performance was pretty good. It felt like a scene from a stage-play.

KALISTO PROMO- I would have liked it if he hadn’t tried to shoe-horn in WWE’s stupid SummerSlam “the biggest part of the summer” nickname.

JACK GALLAGHER PROMO- very good
I liked the fact that he at least alluded to his losses to Chad Gable, whose omission from this match baffles me, especially with Gallagher- who Gable has beaten twice- being the match.

ONEY LORCAN PROMO- very good

AKIRA TOZAWA PROMO- very good

#1 CONTENDERSHIP SIX-PACK CHALLENGE: Tony Nese vs. Oney Lorcan vs. Jack Gallagher vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Kalisto vs. Ariya Daivari- 8.5/10
An awesome all-action match. Gulak came out onto the ramp to have a stare-down with the winner.

Yet another awesome episode of 205 Live. Why is everyone not watching this show?!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3