BRM Reviews the 9/10/2019 205 Live (awesome)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/10/2019 205 Live (awesome)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 11th, '19, 23:07

NIGEL MCGUINNESS IS REPLACED ON COMMENTARY BY “NXT SUPERSTAR DIO MADDIN- He’s some football player trained by Booker T. If they’re sticking him on commentary, my guess is that training hasn’t been going well. Replacing Nigel is a frustrating downgrade.

BRIAN KENDRICK & AKIRA TOZAWA vs. JACK GALLAGHER & KUSHIDA- 6.5/10
Dio immediately described KUSHIDA as having an “extensive innovative offense,” so I’m pretty sure he’s just another WWE buzzword robot. He also claims that KUSHIDA told that he “wants to bring the dojo style here to WWE.” The worst part is that this guy probably thinks that means KUSHIDA wants to show everyone his martial arts kicks rather than that KUSHIDA wants him to be washing Randy Orton’s gear.
They had a solid tag team match whose purpose was to introduce KUSHIDA. KUSHIDA made Kendrick tap out clean for the ring.

SINGH BROTHERS CRAP- The supposed director of the movie whose set they are supposedly on right now was listed as “The Great Khali.” They vowed to be the “stars” of the show the next time 205 Live returns to MSG. Who could possibly care at this point?

SARAH SCHREIBER INTERVIEWS MIKE KANELLIS- odd
Mike makes a good point that Tony Nese is in tonight’s main event while Mike isn’t even booked to wrestle and yet it was Mike who cleanly beat Tony Nese last week. Mike said he was tired of “doing nothing” on this show and that he wants to win the Cruiserweight Title to impress his wife. Said wife showed up and called him “pathetic” for “taking advantage of Tony Nese.” She said that Mike won the match “for everybody else” rather than what he should be doing, which is winning the match for the family, and declared that until he gets his priorities straight, she won’t show up to 205 Live. Mike was just as confused by Maria’s statement I was. This thing feels like it’s going to wind up as some kind of inside out version of Jimmy Loves Lacey.

ARIYA DAIVARI, DREW GULAK, & TONY NESE vs. HUMBERTO CARRILLO & LUCHA HOUSE PARTY (Lincé Dorado & Gran Metalik)- 8/10
This was supposed to be Dorado & Carrillo vs. Nese & Gulak stemming from last week’s attack after the main event but turned into a six-man tag after Nese & Gulak attacked the babyfaces from behind, Daivari came in to make it three-on-two, and then Metalik came out to even things out.
This was an excellent action match, although I really could have done without the cutesy mirror spot towards the end. Lincé pinning Gulak was not a finish I saw coming, but I really like it, as it not only establishes that Lincé truly does belong in the title match, but also now positions Lincé with A LOT of momentum going into the title match.

Yet another awesome episode of 205 Live. You have no excuse to not be watching this show every week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3