BRM Reviews the 10/3/2019 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/3/2019 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 29th, '19, 19:21

PIPER NIVEN vs. ISLA DAWN- 5/10
Niven wins a short but otherwise fine match.

RADZIE INTERVIEWS ILJA DRAGUNOV EARLIER TODAY- good
Ilja’s shoulder is still injured so he can’t wrestle tonight. Alexander Wolfe comes up to him and offers to take his place in tonight’s match against Saxon Huxley. In fact, he encourages Ilja to “think about your future” and let Wolfe take his place. So either Ilja is joining Imperium or he is their next target.

THE HUNT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO- they’re wrestling next week. They’ve been around for a good year now and I still don’t give one solitary sh*t about them.

RADZIE INTERVIEWS PIPER NIVEN- good
Piper wants to be the NXT UK Women’s Champion. Jinny comes up to her and says that she- not Piper- will be the next champion. Then Jazzy Gabert attacked Piper from behind and the heels beat Piper down.

ALEXANDER WOLFE vs. SAXON HUXLEY- 3.75/10
We all know Huxley isn’t winning and Wolfe didn’t gain anything by going six minutes of mostly-even wrestling with him.

ASHTON SMITH’S INTERVIEW IS INTERRUPTED BY THE GRIZZLED YOUNG VETERANS- good, although it went a bit longer than it needed to.

MIKE BIRD vs. JACK STARZ- never happened because Starz got beaten up by Gallus backstage. They dragged Starz out and made fun of him, then cut a promo on Bird, who apparently trained Mark Andrews and “Flash” Morgan Webster. They beat Bird up, prompting the aforementioned Welshman to come out to try to make the save but they got beaten down when the third member of Gallus (Joe Coffey) came out. This was a fine heat-getting segment.

JOHNNY SAINT ANNOUNCES PIPER NIVEN VS. JAZZY GABERT FOR NEXT WEEK- finally, something I care about.

KAY LEE RAY vs. TEGAN NOX- 7.75/10
Kay Lee Ray got into trouble early and tried to walk out but Tegan dragged her back to the ring. Kay Lee Ray cut Tegan off soon thereafter via a European Uppercut to the vag. I’m not kidding. That’s what happened. KLR then went to work on Tegan’s knees and they told a pretty great story with it and had a very exciting match which KLR won clean.

This was a good episode of NXT UK that set up a match for next week that I’m interested in… and yet I’m still struggling to boot the next episode up because it feels like such a chore. The show… just doesn’t feel interesting. I really wish they would condense their roster and then speed up the pace of the stories by not wasting time on the likes of Ashton Smith, Sid Scala, The Hunt, Tyson T-Bone, etc.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3