BRM Reviews the 10/25/2019 205 Live

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/25/2019 205 Live

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '19, 23:39

LIO RUSH vs. ONEY LORCAN- 6.5/10
Solid opener. The champ won clean.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- fine
Tony Nese came out and cut a promo on Rush telling him to sit down and watch…

TONY NESE vs. RAUL MENDOZA- 6.75/10
Lio Rush was on commentary and mostly came off like a heel, which he’s not supposed to be. They showed a tweet that Angel Garza had just tweeted out of a photoshopped picture of himself wearing the Cruiserweight Title, for which Rush rightfully buried him. Later in the match they put another Angel Garza Tweet on the screen.
The story of the match was Nese distracting himself by yelling at Rush costing him, and he eventually got rolled up. I guess we’re not just getting a singles match for the title.

BOLLYWOOD BOYZ PROMO- bad

BRIAN KENDRICK PROMO- odd
He went on a big rant about how the people in the back aren’t wrestlers because they don’t shake hands in the locker room and all they care about is social media. You’d think it was something Vince wrote except that he said that word “wrestler” enough times that I was shocked Vince didn’t pull the plug on it. Also, he’s angry at Drake Maverick about Drake running around after the 24/7 Title instead of being the GM of 205 Live. Did I fall into a time vortex?

ARIYA DAIVARI vs. ISAIAH “SWERVE” SCOTT- 6/10
Probably the worst main event since Hunter took over the show last January. And it’s not that this was bad or anything, either. It just didn’t get enough time to be anything more than decent.

This was a passable episode of 205 Live. It was obviously a set-up show more than a show where things really move forward or get resolved, but on 205 Live we usually get at least one match at 7/10 or higher on a show like that and we didn’t tonight. It wasn’t a bad show or anything, but it was also far below the high quality that 205 Live usually delivers.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3