BRM Reviews the 2/6/2020 NXT UK (WATCH THIS MAIN EVENT!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/6/2020 NXT UK (WATCH THIS MAIN EVENT!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '20, 19:18

PIPER NIVEN vs. DANI LUNA- 3.75/10
Wow. They actually let Luna get quite a bit of offense in. I was expecting a total squash.

GALLUS VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO ON DANNY BURCH & ONEY LORCAN- bad
These two have NO charisma, and come off like people who are trying really hard to talk tough.

JORDAN DEVLIN PROMO- great!
He’s going to use the NXT Cruiserweight Title to prove that he is, as he claimed, the best pund for pound wrestler in the world.

A-KID vs. TYLER BATE- 5.5/10
An excellent back-and-forth six minutes. GREAT for the time it got. Bate won clean and we got a show of respect after the match. Also after the match, Connor Mills came out and cut a promo on Bate, challenging him to a match.

FOOTAGE OF DAVE MASTIFF LOOKING FOR WALTER BACKSTAGE AFTER THE MATCH- he’s angry… but probably not as angry as WALTER will be when he hears that Mastiff called him “Wally.”

PRETTY DEADLY vs. OLIVER CARTER & ASHTON SMITH- 4.25/10
Pretty Deadly have added “well-dressed” to their gimmick of… well… general anger, I guess. The babyfaces won clean but were attacked by Pretty Deadly after the match.

ILJA DRAGUNOV INTERVIEW FROM EARLIER THIS WEEK- fine
Ilja is hitting a large tire with a sledgehammer for some reason. He says he is ready for Joe Coffey whenever Coffey wants to come for him.

WOMEN’S TITLE SEGMENT- very good
Kay Lee Ray comes out and taunts Toni Storm about no longer being champion until Toni comes out. KLR says that Toni is “addicted” to being the champion but KLR is going to help her “friend” out by having an “intervention.” She will give Toni a title shot… but it will be an I Quit match, and if Toni loses, she can’t have another title shot for as long as Kay Lee Ray is champion. KLR left before Toni could answer, but Toni seemed to be fine with these stipulations.

STEEL CORNERS STREET FIGHT: Eddie Dennis vs. Trent Seven- 8/10
This match is a Falls Count Anywhere match with the turnbuckle pads removed. Um… aren’t those two stipulations kind of at odds with each other? Obviously they can theoretically co-exist, but if the point of removing the turnbuckle covers is to make them available as weapons then why would you pair it with a situation that allows the wrestlers to leave the ring and not have to return.
Thankfully these two did return, both because the thing that really led to this stipulation was the use of the exposed turnbuckles, and because the things they were doing outside of the ring were absolutely TERRIFYING. This was brutal, and I’m sure both men are going to be hurting like hell for the next few days… or weeks. I’m not going to spoil anything they do for you because you really do need to see this for yourself.

A great episode of NXT UK, with a bunch of decent matches and solid promos and segments topped off by an awesome main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3