BRM Reviews the 1/28/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/28/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 31st, '21, 16:19

JORDAN DEVLIN’S PROMO INTERRUPTED BY TRENT SEVEN- good
Devlin bragged about being the best Cruiserweight Champion. Trent Seven came out and said that the division needed some new blood, so he is going to trim down to 205. Devlin told him he could have a title shot if he did that, ten disrespectfully patted Seven’s stomach, so Seven punched him. Devlin rolled out of the ring, then tried to slide back in to grab the belt but Seven stepped on it and insisted that he would be the one to take the title from Devlin.

KAY LEE RAY VIDEO PACKAGE- she’s the most dominant champion and longest-reigning female champion in all of WWE right now.

MEIKO SATOMURA IS COMING TO NXT UK- awesome
I can’t imagine that this being placed right after the KLR video was an accident.

SAM GRADWELL vs. BEN CARTER- 6.5/10
Gradwell cut a solid heel promo on Carter before the match. He’s such a great tough but overly-confident undercard heel. Completely unlikable, and good at being mean to babyfaces in a way that makes you want to see them prove him wrong. These two then had a great little match that showed us exactly what Gradwell’s promo made us want to see.

SHA SAMUELS vs. JOSH MORRELL- 4/10
Before a commercial break, we were shown Noam Dar giving Sha a pep-talk while the announcers did their voice-over. They gave Morrell a lot more offense than I was expecting them to. I’m still baffled as to why they signed Samuels at all. If you want to give Noam Dar a bodyguard, surely there are better options out there.

ILJA DRAGUNOV PROMO FROM EARLIER THIS WEEK!- awesome!
Ilja is in the middle of a workout as is asked “what happened” in his match with Jack Starz last week. Ilja says that he didn’t mean to hurt the poor guys. Sam Gradwell then walked into the gym and shouted “watch out! We’ve got a loose cannon in the house!” Ilja was sad and didn’t want to continue the interview. I can’t wait to see Ilja Dragunov vs. Sam Gradwell! That should be absolutely vicious!

GALLUS LOUDLY AND RUDELY WALK THROUGH A RAMPAGE BROWN PROMO- fine
Rampage is polite to them. He suggests that he wrestle Joe Coffey, and Coffey as amenable to the match up.

FOUR-WAY #1 CONTENDERSHIP ELIMINATION MATCH WITH EDDIE DENNIS BARRED FROM RINGSIDE: The Hunt vs. Pretty Deadly vs. Mark Andrews & “Flash” Morgan Webster vs. Ashton Smith & Oliver Carter-
Gallus came out to watch the match with drinks and popcorn. They got to see a long main event that built extremely well. Eddie Dennis managed to interfere despite being barred from ringside, screwing Andrews and Webster. This needs to lead to some sort of punishment from management.

Another great episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3