BRM Reviews the 2/11/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/11/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '21, 11:50

MEIKO SATOMURA vs. ISLA DAWN- 5/10
They showed us Kay Lee Ray watching from a distance, with a spotlight on her… so that the camera could find her? I can’t think of any logical reason for this spotlight to be pointed at her.
You could argue that this should have been a squash, but I think they had Meiko take just enough punishment to be able to look tough by getting up from it while still feeling like she completely dominated the match.

EARLIER TODAY, RAMPAGE BROWN AND JOE COFFEY WERE CALLED TO A CONFERENCE ROOM FOR A VIDEO CONFERENCE WITH JOHNNY SAINT- Well… it wasn’t so much a conference as it was Saint dropping by via video to tell them they were booked against each other next week, but it was nice to see Saint actually appear. The match should be great. “A proper heavyweight scrap” indeed.

MEIKO SATOMURA PROMO- fine
She wants to face Kay Lee Ray.

DANI LUNA VIDE PACKAGE- fine

AOIFE VALKYRIE VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- weird
She spouted a bunch of platitudes. Also, bird puns. Whoever wrote this should have been flogged. Just because she has feathers on her entrance gear doesn’t mean thoughts have to be “nesting” in her head. She was worried about possibly failing, and then things briefly got dark and creepy before it ended.

SUPERNOVA SESSIONS WITH SPECAL GUEST SHA SAMUELS- bad
Two annoying, boring, people, talking in a boring, annoying way. I zoned out during this. They apparently tried to book a match or something. Sid Scala showed up and told them they couldn’t do that, but then said okay. I think. This was really boring and bad.

NINA SAMUELS PROMO- good
She says that she will accept Xia’s Brookside’s challenge to a rematch, but only with the stipulation that the loser must become the winner’s personal assistant for a month. Nina is confident that she will win and that Xia will be carrying her bags around.

TRENT SEVEN VIDEO PACKAGE- fine
His weight loss regimen is going fine.

PIPER NIVEN vs. AMELE- squash
Joseph Conners came out to ringside, but Piper Niven didn’t get distracted. Hooray for not doing a distraction finish!

TAG TITLE MATCH VIDEO PACKAGE- decent
Gallus defend against Pretty Deadly in two weeks.

BEN CARTER VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

A-KID WILL DEFEND THE UK HERITAGE CUP AGAINST SHA SAMUELS NEXT WEEK- I guess that’s what they were talking about when I zoned out during Supernova Sessions.

STREET FIGHT: Eddie Dennis & Primate vs. Mark Andrews & “Flash” Morgan Webster- 8/10
The heels jumpstarted this match backstage by jumping the babyfaces in the locker room, which we found out about when the babyfaces didn’t come out. The heels eventually dragged Webster out to the ring, which was enough to get the bell rung and officially start things. Webster had to fight on his own for a while until Andrews showed up on top of a high thing that they all happened to be near to dramatically enter the match with a big dive.
From that point on this was your typical back and forth weapons match. They did a great job of building things up and sold everything well. This is a great example of how to have an awesome weapons match without breaking 974 tables or hitting each other with chairs three million times.

This was another good episode of NXT UK, as most of them are. At this point, though, I do have to comment on WALTER’s absence. He’s the world champion! Where is the guy?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3