BRM Reviews the 3/18/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/18/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 30th, '21, 12:27

TRENT SEVEN MAKES HIS WEIGH-IN ON THE BUMP- fine

NATHAN FRAZIER (F.K.A. BEN CARTER) vs. ASHTON SMITH- 6.5/10

SAM GRADWELL INTERRUPTS ILJA DRAGUNOV’S INTERVIEW- great
Ilja was here to apologize to the fans and his family for his recent losses of control. Gradwell came up to him and insulted him. Gradwell said he could beat Ilja in any type of match. He started listing off the various matches he could beat Ilja in. Ilja’s ears perked up at No DQ match and he said he accepted.

WEIRD ISLA DAWN STUFF- I think she’s summoning some sort of demon. I’m not sure why this is happening on my professional wrestling show.

JOHNNY SAINT MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT- good
Noam Dar wants a Heritage Cup Title match, but because he keeps undermining Johnny Saint’s booking on his talk show, Dar will have to beat Tyler Bate in a Heritage Cup Rules match in three weeks to earn that shot.

TRENT SEVEN TRAINING VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

MEIKO SATOMURA vs. DANI LUNA- 5.75/10
Meiko wins clean while Luna gets to look strong in defeat.

JINNY & JOSEPH CONNERS PROMO- very good
They claim that Piper Niven & Jack Starz only beat them last week because of an “illegal maneuver.” They probably should have explained what they meant (I assume it is that Piper threw Starz onto Conners for the pin). Conners wants revenge on Starz.

DANI LUNA INTERVIEW- good
She’s pretty disappointed after her loss, but she tries to put a positive spin things. Mark Andrews & “Flash” Morgan Webster showed up to be friendly to her.

WALTER’S PROMO IS INTERRUPTED BY RAMPAGE BROWN- very good
WALTER was talking about everyone he has beaten. He wants a new challenger. Rampage Brown came out, cut a promo on WALTER, and shoved him down. WALTER was shocked and backed down.

MORE OF NINA SAMUELS BEING XIA BROOKSIDE’S ASSISTANT- bad
Yes, this is poetic justice for Nina, but now Xia just feels like she’s being a jerk, kicking that bucket of chalk over and telling Nina to clean it up. That’s what bullies in high school movies do.

KENNY WILLIAMS & AMIR JORDAN SEGMENT- Jordan is upset with Williams’ recent maybe-cheating.

NXT CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Jordan Devlin(c) vs. Trent Seven- 8.25/10

This was a lot better than I was expecting. I often forget how great of a babyface Seven can be. Devlin worked his back over viciously and Trent sold his ass off and did a great job of creating sympathy.

This was a great episode of NXT UK, giving us one big pay-off while moving other stories along.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3