BRM Reviews the 8/12/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/12/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 19th, '21, 20:27

WOLFGANG vs. “FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER (w/subculture)- 5.5/10
Webster tried to get Wolfgang angry, but Wolfgang kept his cool. Wolfgang worked over Webster’s midsection and got the win, but he showed Webster respect after the match.

Sid Scala announced that in two weeks, Joe Coffey would face off against Rampage Brown in a match where you can only win via submission or knockout.

ISLA DAWN ACTS WEIRD IN THE BACKGROUND OF A SUBCULTURE INTERVIEW- weird
She was being mute other than giggling and tried to reach out and touch the dyed part of Dani’s hair.

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN PROMO- fine
They want a shot at the tag titles. If they won them, it would be Bate completing the NXT UK grand slam, while for Seven, it would be his first title in NXT UK. My only issue with this is that their justification for wanting a tag team title shot seemed to be that they are both on singles winning streaks.

SID SCALA INFORMS JINNY THAT SHE WAS WILL FACE AOIFE VALKYRIE IN A NO DQS MATCH, WITH JOSEPH CONNERS LOCKED IN A CAGE AT RINGSIDE- They got upset and called Scala stupid. They’re right. He is stupid. If it’s a no DQs match, then Jinny can just bring bolt-cutters to the ring with her and let Conners out. It would have been much smarter to have him tied up in the trunk of a car, which they would have someone driving around on a highway during the match.

NINA SAMUELS vs. AMELE- 6/10
Amele wins clean in a very mean heel vs. heel match.

ILJA DRAGUNOV VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO TO BUILD UP TO HIS UPCOMING TITLE SHOT AGAINST WALTER- AWESOME!

SAXON HUXLEY INTERRUPTS A SYMBIOSIS INTERVIEW AFTER THE SHOW TWO WEEKS AGO- Huxley does a good job of coming off as crazy and Eddie Dennis’ reaction to it was great, but Huxley is just not someone I want to see on my TV. Huxley was walking around angrily shouting BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!” and swinging a chain.

MEIKO SATOMURA VS. STEVIE TURNER VIDEO PACKAGE- good
Meiko is Meiko, and Turner did a great job coming off like someone who I want to see Meiko knock out with a Scorpion Kick.

PRETTY DEADLY PROMO- fine
They said they were at the NXT UK warehouse, which would one day be filled with statues of them, but first they had to clean some things out to make room. At this point I had a flashback to the Seth Rollins commercial for which WWE video game it was. Fortunately, instead of smashing everything in sight and blowing up a building for no reason, they just produced pictures of Tyler Bate and Trent Seven and then stepped on them.

HERITAGE CUP #1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Noam Dar vs. Mark Andrews (w/Dani Luna)- 6.75/10
In the interview that got interrupted by Isla Dawn earlier, Andrews and Luna had said that they hadn’t seen “Flash” Morgan Webster after his match earlier, and now he’s not out here with them, either. Hmmm…
Both guys worked the knee. Dar won clean. He was a great jerk, trying to flirt with Dani Luna at times during the match, and Nigel was an excellent troll heel commentator about both that and a few other things. Teoman and Rohan Raja came out during the match but didn't do anything.

A decent episode of NXT UK. Hopefully the big matches they have coming up (Rampage vs. Coffey, Jinny vs. Valkyrie, etc.) make my decision to try to catch up on this series worthwhile.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3