BRM Gives Up On NXT 2.0 One Third of the Way Through Halloween Havoc 2021

Big Red Machine

BRM Gives Up On NXT 2.0 One Third of the Way Through Halloween Havoc 2021

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 26th, '21, 20:06

Chuckie, the evil doll from the horror franchise, runs down the show for us. Yes, really. And now its narrating the video packages. I realize that this was a network tie-in, but that doesn’t mean it’s not bad.

LADDER MATCH FOR THE NXT WOMEN’S TAG TEAM TITLES: Io Shirai & Zoe Stark(c) vs. Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta vs. Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolan & Jacey Jane)- 7/10
Everyone worked hard and took big bumps. Io Shirai is crazy. Toxic Attraction won.

CARMELO HAYES & TRICK WILLIAMS GO TO DEXTER LUMIS’ HOUSE TO GET HAYES’ TITLE BACK-
Oh dear G-d, cinematic crap.
G-d. I don’t know what I did that You have decided to punish me like this, but I want to you know that I am REALLY sorry.

GRAYSON WALLER IS A F*CKING GEEK HOSTING THE SHOW, AND THEN JOE GACY COMES OUT TO CUT A PROMO- I’d rather be rather the cinematic crap.
Oh, and it was L.A. Knight that won the right to host this dumb show, so either they changed their minds, and in the process told us not to care about the results of even the smallest of stipulations, or Waller wanted to dress up like a goof and host this show so badly that he assaulted Knight and took his place.

MALIK BLADE vs. JOE GACY- DUD!
This was a squash with dumb sh*t happening. They cut away from this to show us security camera footage of a mystery man entering the building. Shouldn’t security go stop this intruder?
Gacy’s large friend appeared at ringside out of nowhere and goozled blade. The referee did not get bumped, and Gacy wasn’t distracting him, so there is now way he couldn’t have seen this, so why was this not a DQ?
Gacy got his large friend to put the small man down. Gacy won soon after. The walked over to the large man (“Harlan,” or something like that) and told him he could trust him.

KAE LEE RAY VIDEO PACKAGE- This was awesome… but at this point I just don’t trust that anything on this show will up being good.

GRAYSON WALLER WALKS AROUND THE BACKSTAGE PARTY- He wandered around being a clown. KUSHIDA and Jiro were also clowns. I got very excited when Waller bumped into Tony D’Angelo, hoping that Waller would do something to bother D’Angelo and D’Angelo would have some of his associates break Waller’s kneecaps, jaw, testicles, and pancreas, but alas it was not to be, as they seemed to be friends.
He went to hit on some women- who are his coworkers, which makes this even more awkward. Cameron Grimes showed up and unwittingly cock-blocked Waller by being an annoying little turd.
This was terrible on its own, but I have to point out that they had the nerve to put a segment where the women were only there to dress in sext costumes and be hit on, right after we were supposed to be annoyed at Joe Gacy for lecturing us about how Halloween oversexualizes people.

DIAMOND MINE OPEN CHALLENGE- Malcolm Bivens cut a good promo. I guess the idea is that if a woman comes out to answer the challenge, Ivy wrestles, if a male singles wrestler comes out, it’s Roddy, and if it’s a tag team, it’s the Creed Brothers?
After a commercial break, Odyssey Jones came out and said he wanted Roddy. Malcolm Bivens, being tremendous said “I mean this with all due disrespect, but your ass is not under two-hundred-and-five pounds.”

ODYSSEY JONES vs. RODERICK STRONG (w/Diamond Mine)- 3/10
Roddy won a short match due to interference.

MCKENZIE MITCHELL INTERVIEWS IMPERIUM- dumb
Barthel answers her in German… WITH SUBTITLES, DESPITE THIS SUPPOSEDLY BEING LIVE! You can’t even do us the courtesy of saying that this happened “earlier today?”
They cut a good promo, ignoring her question of “have you had a chance to talk to WALTER” about their tag title shot tonight? Why wouldn’t they have, and even if they didn’t why would it matter?

MORE DUMB SH*T AT THE PARTY-
For the record, Mandy Rose made her entrance for the title match BEFORE this happened, so we’re holding up the start of a title match to show random shots from a party. People are dancing in a circle, even though there is no music.
Kyle O’Reilly and Von Wagner were clowns.
Some random guy was acting like a dork and poked another guy in the face for no reason. I assume that this led to the idiotic spot where someone gets slammed through a table with food on it that Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn just can’t help but book at every opportunity, but I’m not even sticking around to find out because I’ve decided I’m just f*cking done with this sh*t. No more NXT 2.0 for BRM. I’m only forty-five minutes into this show and I’ve been f*cking miserable for every single moment after the opener ended, other than the thirty-second KLR video package.
F*ck Vince McMahon, f*ck Kevin Dunn, f*ck that spineless turd Bruce Pritchard. The sooner Hunter, Steph, and Nick Khan find some way to steal the company away from the old man, the better.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Gives Up On NXT 2.0 One Third of the Way Through Halloween Havoc 2021

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 31st, '21, 10:10

Ok! *BRM doesn't care and stops watching another show!*

Roll credits and see ya next week!!!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.