BRM Reviews the 9/9/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/9/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '21, 17:03

HERITAGE CUP #1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Sam Gradwell vs. Wolfgang (w/Mark Coffey)- 4.75/10
They hit each other. Gradwell’s ribs and Wolfgang’s shoulder got worked over. This was the first time where I thought one of these matches was hurt by the rules rather than playing into them well.

SID SCALA ANNOUNCES THAT BLAIR DAVENPORT HS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ATTACKING HIM LAST WEEK- fine

KENNY WILLIAMS VS. NOAM DAR VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMOS- good

GALLUS INTERVIEW- bad
All three of them are there. They are being loud and annoying. Jordan Devlin came out to scold them for being loud and annoying. The Coffeys have a tag title shot next week because they were dicks to Pretty Deadly for no reason. Devlin made a comment to Joe Coffey about Coffey getting knocked out last week, so Coffey feinted a headbutt, and Devlin hurt his injured neck when he flinched.

SAXON HUXLEY, ASHTON SMITH, & OLIVER CARTER vs. SYMBIOSIS (Eddie Dennis, T-Bone, & Primate)- 5.75/10
This felt like it dragged on too long. I just don’t care about Saxon Huxley, and there is pretty much nothing they can do to fix that at this point.

EMILIA MCKENZIE INTERRUPTS AN INTERVIEW WHERE STEVIE TURNER WAS RUNNING HER MOUTH ON MEIKO SATOMURA- meh

PRETTY DEADLY PROMO- fine

WALTER VS ILJA WITH SPECIAL INSIGHT FROM ILJA DRAGUNOV & OTHERS- I’m more than two months behind. I didn’t watch this.

A meh episode of NXT UK… but, of course, it was half-length due to the Ilja vs. WALTER replay.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3