BRM Reviews the 2/10/2022 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/10/2022 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '22, 17:34

NINA SAMUELS vs. AMELE- 4.75/10
Nina worked the back. Amele won clean.

DUMB SH*T WITH A-KID AND SAXON HUXLEY- A-Kid has Huxley trying to say “the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain,” but Huxley is an idiot and keeps saying “the rain on the train” instead, but then, once A-Kid gets annoyed and leaves, Huxley says it right, but then says it wrong when A-Kid comes back. I hate this, and I hope whoever keeps insisting on putting it on the air has a bird poop on their head.

SOMEONE STEALS THE HERITAGE CUBP FROM NOAM DAR- This thief was surely lucky that the cameraperson made a deliberate effort to keep his head out of the shot. The thief also locked them in a room.

BLAIR DAVENPORT INJURY UPDATE- The update is that there is no update yet.

LAST WEEK, ASHTON SMITH & OLIVER CARTER BUMP INTO MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN BACKSTAGE- meh
They’re all friends with each other, despite their upcoming title match. Then, all of a sudden, they weren’t friendly.

GALLUS HAVE TAKEN OVER SUPERNOVA SESSIONS- terrible
Also, they’re the ones who stole the Heritage Cup. How are these loud, annoying, juvenile, criminals supposed to be babyfaces? They’ve made up their own graphics, and apparently the production crew has decided to go along with them taking over the show.
Apparently the cameraperson didn’t bother to help them out of the room they were locked in, either. What a douche.
Jordan Devlin is the rightfully-scheduled guest, and he’s annoyed that the show is now being hosted by these loud clowns (as opposed to the loud clowns who usually host it. Who, now that I think about it, are also criminals as well, as they clearly tried to fix a fight a few weeks ago). Devlin is also upset that Gallus and ruined and stole some of his stuff a few months ago.
Dar and Samuels have finally escaped from the room they were locked in. They’re annoyed that Gallus ruined their stuff. How are Gallus supposed to be the babyfaces here?
People said stuff to each other. It was very annoying. I hate everyone in this segment who isn’t Jordan Devlin.

JACK STARZ & DAVE MASTIFF DISCUSS THEIR PROBLEM WORKING TOGETHER LAST WEEK- terrible
Starz wants to earn Mastiff’s respect so he can wear a similar vest. Yes, really.

KENNY WILLIAMS VIDEO/PROMO- good

A-KID vs. SAXON HUXLEY- 5.75/10
They are wrestling each other to become better friends. Oooookkaaaaaaaay…
They had a fine speed vs. power match. A-Kid won cleanly and they shook hands afterwards.

GALLUS ARE ANNOYING CLOWNS BACKSTAGE- bad
One of them had an orange traffic cone on his head. They left Wolfgang alone with the camera, and he was ambushed by a chair-wielding Jordan Devlin. Just in case you might think this would make Devlin the heel here, Devlin then reclaimed the sunglasses that Gallus stole from him. Devlin has done nothing wrong here, and Gallus are annoying sh*ts.

A-KID INTERVIEW DURING THE BREAK- He thinks them working together has been good for Huxley. Die Familie walked through the background, and A-Kid had a stare-down with Charlie Dempsey. That should be an awesome match.

NATHAN FRASIER vs. TEOMAN (w/Die Familie)- 7.75/10
Poor Andy and Nigel were forced to call WALTER “Gunther.”
Frazier overcame a bunch of interference and work on his shoulder and head to get the win. This was a great main event performance by two guys who the promotion is going to need to start moving up the card.

This was a meh episode of NXT UK. As great as I think NXT UK is, they have some characters that I just wish would disappear, and those characters got a lot of focus this week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3